Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   service tire monitoring system? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/service-tire-monitoring-system-40896/)

utz March 8th, 2011 1:41 PM

service tire monitoring system?

tryed relearning tires but still is coming up on message board.also tps light is on and the meassage board reads front left--- front right---- etc.any help would be appreciated.

EinST March 8th, 2011 5:47 PM

Have you checked the fuse for the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR)? If it's not the fuse, you may need to take it in for service. There're TSBs concerning the RCDLR on your vehicle.

Chevrolet Customer Service March 22nd, 2011 4:08 PM

utz, Have you gotten this issue resolved yet?

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

vrso2 March 23rd, 2011 2:56 PM

turn off the engine. Turn key back in ACC position, DIC set to relearn tire position. Start with front left - deflate for 10-15 sec. unless u hear horn once. Then continue front right, rear right and rear left unless u hear horn twice.
Turn key OFF and start your engine. Should be OK now.
If not, go to dealership to check with scanner.

Cleonard March 8th, 2013 11:11 AM

My Service tire Monitor System light came on and so i took it to the dealership for them to check it out while i was getting my oil changed. It was toward closing hours so he told me i needed to bring back the next day and leave it....so i did...it has been a week now. They changed the module so it is now showing the PSI in the tires, but the service light is still coming on...manager said he has been on phone with gm for a couple days now and still cant figure it out, and gm has never seen this problem.. he said that that they dont know what to do and it may be ready next week. Any ideas??? hopefully something simple but its getting a little rediculous. It was almost like the manager was asking me if i knew what it could be?? Anything would be helpful. Thanks

Chevrolet Customer Service March 8th, 2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cleonard (Post 242622)
My Service tire Monitor System light came on and so i took it to the dealership for them to check it out while i was getting my oil changed. It was toward closing hours so he told me i needed to bring back the next day and leave it....so i did...it has been a week now. They changed the module so it is now showing the PSI in the tires, but the service light is still coming on...manager said he has been on phone with gm for a couple days now and still cant figure it out, and gm has never seen this problem.. he said that that they dont know what to do and it may be ready next week. Any ideas??? hopefully something simple but its getting a little rediculous. It was almost like the manager was asking me if i knew what it could be?? Anything would be helpful. Thanks

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Cleonard,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue. Please keep us posted of the results.

Louis
GM Customer Service

73shark March 8th, 2013 8:32 PM

Cleonard: Welcome to the forum.

What year is your truck?