Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Service Traction Control - Steering Position Sensor

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2012, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service Traction Control - Steering Position Sensor

I have a 2008 Tahoe that is giving a "Traction Control Off" "Service Traction Control" message. It has been doing it for months. The local dealership has tried 4 or 5 times and they cannot seem to fix it. The code they get is for a faulty steering position sensor. they have replaced the sensor twice as well as followed a bulletin recommendation to adjust the connectivity/fit of the sensor. They also did an alignment which seemed to have the best results, I didn't get the warning for a couple months. It's back now and is happening every day. What options do I have? Do I just give up and accept that a major vehicle safety feature is non operable? -Frustrating.
Old December 21st, 2012, 3:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by babaganoush
I have a 2008 Tahoe that is giving a "Traction Control Off" "Service Traction Control" message. It has been doing it for months. The local dealership has tried 4 or 5 times and they cannot seem to fix it. The code they get is for a faulty steering position sensor. they have replaced the sensor twice as well as followed a bulletin recommendation to adjust the connectivity/fit of the sensor. They also did an alignment which seemed to have the best results, I didn't get the warning for a couple months. It's back now and is happening every day. What options do I have? Do I just give up and accept that a major vehicle safety feature is non operable? -Frustrating.
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <oocumentProperties> <o:Author>Joy Hotchkiss</o:Author> <o:Version>11.9999</o:Version> </oocumentProperties> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> babaganoush,

I’m sorry you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. I would like to look into this further for you, and create a case. In order to proceed, would you please provide the following information: your full name, address, phone number, vehicle mileage, VIN and the name and city of your dealer?

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old August 17th, 2021, 8:16 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 suburban

I have an 06 with several issues. Anyone figure this out?
Old August 17th, 2021, 11:43 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

How about some more info?
You are not giving us much to go on.
Old August 18th, 2021, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by hanky
How about some more info?
You are not giving us much to go on.
Sorry. My fault. I was in a rush and this truck is stressing me out.
I blew a brake line 2 weeks aweeks noticed that the brake lines (all of them) that run under the driver side by the Frame, from front to back, were very very corroded. I cut all of them and used brass compression couplings to piece new line in between the cut sections. While working or bleeding, possibly, the brake fluid reservoir went dry. When I turned the key back on the traction control is showing a light for malfunction. It says service stabilitrak, it says service brakes, my parking brake light is on. It's a mess and I can't handle the inoperative method.
Old August 20th, 2021, 7:05 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 167 Likes on 154 Posts

Compression fittings on brake lines is dangerous, they have to be flared fitting connections. Compression fittings will blow out on a panic stop.
ABS pump probably has air in it and needs a scan tool to purge the air out of it is the second issue.