Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2007, 8:02 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: SHOW YOUR HOE! POST THEM PICS BOYS!

Here is the problem, no impact tools, no compressor, and no previous knowledge of spring installation.

I talked to a friend who manages a shop here in town and he said they would put them on for $100. I thought that sounded fair enough.

I do agree, I prefer to everything to my vehicle. But there are some things I dont have the tools to do. I can usually figure almost anything out with some guidance, but the lack of tools is an issue!
Old January 27th, 2007, 8:14 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, if you lack the impact tools I also sudjest having a shop do it. There are a few nuts that when you try to loosen they turn the bolt as well. So you do need impact tools for those. When are you getting it done? If you were close by I could help you out. Im in the military and we have access to a shop with lifts and pretty much any tool that you may need. Keep us posted. By the way biglg, I just saw your post #'s and you have 1328 posts. Wholy crap, how long have you been posting here?
Old January 27th, 2007, 8:26 PM
CF Addict

I will probably get the kit ordered next week! So it will be at least 1-2 weeks before it is lowered. I wish you were closer to Missouri because I would definately take you up on your offer!

Anyways, I will keep you guys posted. Thanks again for all of your help and information!

Landon
Old January 27th, 2007, 8:35 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

You might be able to put on a factory chrome tip that comes as an accessory for the factory performance exhaust. Might have to square off the end of the existing tip tho.
Old January 27th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Active Member

The exhaust was the first thing to get replaced when I got my tahoe. The stock exhaust is fugly. I ordered the maganaflow before it was even released. I had to wait a few weeks before they were released. I would change the whole cat back if I were you. It gives it a nice sound.
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:57 AM
CF Addict

Well boys. Maybe it is time for a thread for the different exhaust systems on our 2007's. Post them sound clips please.

I doubt I put an aftermarket exhaust system on my tahoe! This is a family vehicle and the extra noise may be a pain in the rear! HOwever, I would love to hear some! Maybe I will change my mine once I hear a few different setups!
Old January 28th, 2007, 2:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: biglg

Well boys. Maybe it is time for a thread for the different exhaust systems on our 2007's. Post them sound clips please.

I doubt I put an aftermarket exhaust system on my tahoe! This is a family vehicle and the extra noise may be a pain in the rear! HOwever, I would love to hear some! Maybe I will change my mine once I hear a few different setups!
Biglg,

I too have family, but no problems with the family...they got used to it. LOL

I too got the Magnaflow Exhaust and a long, fat, chrome tip. I only had that huge muffler and the little one on the rear cut off. Then they attached the Magnaflow muffler then a tube all the way to the end with a chrome tip. Then they sprayed black paint onthe tube before the chrome tip. Looks good, the black paint blends with the undercarraige. I had a choice of chrome or black and they suggested black.

I love it ...sounds evil!
Old January 28th, 2007, 2:26 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

Love it! I want mine to be the same ride height! Love the black too! I am glad you get to clean it though, and not me! I have had about 4 black vehicles. Finally on my last one I decided no more! I am to meticulous for black vehicles. They are parked more than they are driven because I dont want them to get dirty!

Is that a chrome tip on the factory exhaust? I just want a chome tip that can be put on the factory exhaust. ANyone know of one that works without modding the tail pipe?
Thanks BigLg, LOL I have to clean it every day with that magic duster thingy...it works pretty good. This is my third black car...I don't know, but I have to always have a black ride in the family. The chrome tip is added from the Magnaflow Muffler.

Has anyone had or will do a dual exhaust on a lowered 07 tahoe? Seems like there won't be enough room.
Old January 28th, 2007, 2:35 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: P_RsTahoe

Yeah, if you lack the impact tools I also sudjest having a shop do it. There are a few nuts that when you try to loosen they turn the bolt as well. So you do need impact tools for those. When are you getting it done? If you were close by I could help you out. Im in the military and we have access to a shop with lifts and pretty much any tool that you may need. Keep us posted. By the way biglg, I just saw your post #'s and you have 1328 posts. Wholy crap, how long have you been posting here?
That is why I had a shop do it...I don't have the tools nor a lift. I used to own Lowrider cars in my teens and I did the installs on them and always repairing hoses, soleniods, batteries, broken suspension partsyouname it I broke them. I just got tired of working on my cars.
Old January 28th, 2007, 12:09 PM
CF Active Member

I know what you mean about breaking parts. But the good thing is when you break it you know it and you can repair it. Some shops will break the stuff and not repair it nor tell you then claim they didnt do it. So I got tired of dealing with people and strated doing everything that I can do my self.

+1 on black cars. My black cobra is a pain to keep clean. I hardly drive it because of it.

I also have a family with 3 kids. No problems or complains from any of them. The magnaflow is not loud at all in the inside. Actually when I did my intake on my old one you could hear it more inside than the exhaust.

Quick Reply: Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!