Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2007, 1:00 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHOW YOUR HOE! POST THEM PICS BOYS!

ORIGINAL: six7one

Dirtywork,

Thanks, had the tail's& brake lights (med. tint), bowties, all done at the same time my 3/5 Mcgaughys drop kit was being installed at Billet Super Store inAnaheim Ca., they did a very good job on everything, check out there web-site www.billetsuperstore.com
Geez! I'm from Anaheim too and I haven't seen you around. I will definatley check them out and get the lights and bowties done. Yea, I noticed your hoe was lower than most of ours on the forum. That is very low how's the ride? I got the eibach spring kit installed at "the wheel warehouse" on La Palma and Anaheim Blvd. I wish I would of known about billet first...

If you see me say wazz up!! but I don't usually drive it...my wife does. [&:] If no response...you know why
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:02 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I'm probably very naive but wouldn't it be relatively easy to build one from 3/4" plywood and cover with matching carpet from an automotive upholstry shop? The reason I said 3/4" was so the sides of the box don't respond to the speaker.
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:05 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: biglg

Dirty, is that a custom built box? Or a sub/box kit? I would like to find a dual 12" box that goes all the way along the back, yet still has a flat top to put things on. Anyone found one out there yet?
Just a box kit...a friend of mine has three twelves in a custom box from one end to the other...I think his an 03 tahoe...haven't seen him around...I think he moved to Vegas.

The only thing that sucks is that I can't raise the volume without rattling the back fenders and plastic molding above the tail lights. I had the trunk lid covered with Dynamat, because that too was rattling before.
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:06 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

One problem I have is that I dont have a lot of tools that I need to do the projects I want to to. Maybe as I get older I will get some hand me down tools. But i have no wood work/building tools at ALL. If I had the tools I would lower my tahoe, and attempt to build a box. HOwever, I obviously dont have the required tools, and for all I know I may also lack the talent.

Shark, if you get bored some day and want to build me one I will pay for the material, . I will eve drive to pick it up!
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:11 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I'd take you up on if I had the time and could do some research on it. I'm not even sure mine (stock under the console) is working. On my TrailBlazer, I could shake the interior.
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:16 AM
CF Addict

Alright Shark! Next snowy Missouri day you know your task! But please use 3/4" MDF board! As I said, I will pay for it!
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:21 AM
CF Junior Member

Dirty,

I live in Lakewood, as for the ride its ok,a little rough on big dips and bumps other then thatit rides good, handles turns real good. Going to be installing some Doetsch Tech nitro-slammer shocks in the rear,and waiting on someone to come out with coilover front strut for our Hoes...
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:33 AM
CF Junior Member

ORIGINAL: six7one

Dirty,

I live in Lakewood, as for the ride its ok,a little rough on big dips and bumps other then thatit rides good, handles turns real good. Going to be installing some Doetsch Tech nitro-slammer shocks in the rear,and waiting on someone to come out with coilover front strut for our Hoes...
Right on! let us know how that works out for you. Do you have link to the DTNS Shocks for the rears?
Old January 29th, 2007, 1:49 AM
CF Junior Member

http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/Doet...ch_shocks.html

here you go...
Old January 29th, 2007, 6:25 PM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: golfngator

No tire issues at all, handles a lot better but ride is stiffer. Paid $275 for the kit and another $250 for install and alignment.
Where did you get the kit? How long ago did you buy the kit?

The reason I asked is originally the kit was a 1.8/2.4 kit. Now they say it is a 2/2 kit. I was just wondering which one you had. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!