Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!

Search this Thread

Old January 30th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: SHOW YOUR HOE! POST THEM PICS BOYS!

I've already got one, maybe the same one. Don't need a spare. Thanks.
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:25 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn shark, what a nice man you are. Yes, MDF is the only wood to use for box building. Back in my younger days when I had access to tools I built a few boxes. NONE to brag about. We wouldnt need this box ported either. However, we would need the holes cut for each sub, and also a cut for each speaker wiring terminal! I found this one. It is almost perfect! I wouldnt want it for 3 8's, I would want it for 2 12's. I have an email into the guy, hopefully he will respond! Obviously we would ignore the glass and make it all wood, however it gives you a great picture of what is going on! Depending on your creativit and craftsmanship you could possibly make something similar using measurements from the back of your hoe. It might only hold 2 10's, i havent measure around at all! Dont worry about jumping on this too soon, I have way to much going on before I could ever spend the money for the subs and amp. However if you are bored, and looking for something to do let me know. I can get you the terminal cups and the specs on some speakers for the cutouts! But seriously, dont jump on this lets let my pockets get emptier with the lowering kit, side skirts, grilles, and bumper! Then let them refill with some golf winnings and we can think more about this box! Finally, here is the link, if it works.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2279655
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:35 AM
CF Addict

ORIGINAL: 73shark

I've already got one, maybe the same one. Don't need a spare. Thanks.
Oh no no no Shark. This isnt the same one! This one is 100% better than the one you have, and the one that I had. I actually love it, but going for the street scene look. It would be a good investment. I promise it is beautiful!
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:39 AM
Administrator

This isnt the same one! This one is 100% better than the one you have, and the one that I had.
Got pics? What brand? If it's so great, why are you letting it go?
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:43 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check your PM's Landon! I've got a bid in, kinda. let me know about the shipping first. By the way, you are no longer a "Super Member" you are the one and only "Moderator". Congrats!
Old January 30th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Administrator

That's a slick setup! He forgot to blank his tag on the last pic tho.

Why don't you need a port? Seems like you'd be pumping a lot of pressure in the box when the cone(s) go in. But like I said I don't know much about this. The hi-density MDF question was serious. It's a lot, lot denser and heavier and probably would want it to subdue any sympathetic vibrations from the speakers. Speaking of which, it seems like that one with the glass/plastic? would have that problem unless it was very thick.

Congrats on your promotion.
Old January 30th, 2007, 1:01 AM
CF Addict

Shark,
As for the MDF, I have always been told it was the best to use. Basically the strongest I guess, not sure exactly why. But yes, MDF is the product to use.

As for the port, some subs say it is better, some dont recommend it. For my setup I would not go with a port. A ported box can be louder. However, a non ported enclosure produces more accurate, tight bass. It is preference, along with the sub setup. If we can get the right air space for the sub I end up going with we wont need the port. I can also just choose a sub that fits the air space we end up with in the finished product.

Shark, if jeff doesnt want the grille you can have your shot. I have pics all over the forum. It is the thicker, shinier PHAT billet grille. I am going to get a different bumper thefore need a different grille so it matches! Grille is a precision design PHAT billet Grille.
Old January 30th, 2007, 1:33 AM
Administrator

Re: grill I didn't realize that you were getting rid of that one already. Not interested. Let Jeff have it.

Re: MDF We have a failure to communicate here. I agree that MDF is the proper mat'l to use. I was just stating the probably should go with the hi-density variety. There are other densities available that are lighter but more flimsy and don't support weight over time as is obvious if you've ever made any shelves from the lite weight stuff.
Old January 30th, 2007, 1:37 AM
CF Addict

Got ya! Jeff already sent payment. Grille is sold!

As for the MDF, I got ya. I didnt know there were different types of MDF, it has been almost 10 years since I have bought any. But high density does ring a bell. So that would be the right MDF to use! WE can talk more on this if the time comes!
Old January 30th, 2007, 1:43 AM
Administrator

Roger that. Will PM my phone number if we follow-up.

Quick Reply: Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!