Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!

Search this Thread

Old September 26th, 2007, 4:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SHOW YOUR HOE! POST THEM PICS BOYS!

I was actually the only one in the Tahoe at the time. I was on my way to pick up my my daughter from school and my son from daycare. The accident happened about 500 yards from my sons daycare and a block from my daughters elementary school. I feel lucky that it happened before the kids were with me. Yeah, airbags did their job.I joke with my wife and tell her that this was a test to make sure the curtain airbags are going to work incase ofan accidentwith the kids in the vehicle. If it weren't for the curtain airbag I would have busted the drivers side window with my head. As for parts flying, none from the Tahoe, only stuff that were in the vehicle. (psp, leapster thingys, digital camera, etc) You know what I also learned to like.... the OnStar. I didn't care to much about it before the accident, I was like OnStar, whatever, don't need. But I don't think it was even a second after the airbags deployed when I had a lady on the line. I wasstill trying to collect my thoughts and this lady over the line was talking to me telling me that emergency help was called and on the way, she pin pointed my location, and stayed on the line until the cops arrived. This feature I like nowbeing that I will nowhave peace of mind when my wife drives our new Suburban, if she gets in an accident on some backroad or somethingOnStar will know the location via GPS and get help there quick.

Back to theTahoe,these babies hold up pretty darn good. The F-250 that hit me got itswhole front end pushed in. I can'timagine were the engine ended up? Maybe like 2 feet were still sticking out of her crushed hood/frontend before the actual cab, and those trucks have a pretty good size hood. I didn't take but one picturebecause after the first pic I looked at my LCD screen on myCanonand it was cracked so I assumed it didn't work anymore. But it's hard to describe how the other truck ended up.If you saw theF-250 you would think that it would have caused a hell of a lot more damage to my Tahoethan it did, especially since she was going fast and didn't hit the brakes.

Off topic here but don't doubt the structure of your Tahoes. Mine held up pretty good against a big truck. If you have the curtain airbags that extend all the way to the back they do work. I didn't roll over but they're suppose to stay inflated in case of a rollover.

Old October 8th, 2007, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Limited Foose Tahoe

Old October 12th, 2007, 9:10 PM
CF Junior Member

Wow... Tough to follow a Foose custom! None the less we're totally stoked to have the Rancho Quick Lift leveling kit and new rims & tires installed.

The side by side & nose to nose is next to an identical LT stock height& mine w/ Rancho installed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/413132F9120C4F698C40A8CDC2129262.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/1CBF3A15C4154D0CB84F4ACC4B057947.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/543448EFC2B045BD92F7F4DC4580EB88.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/714851D38BFE47A1AD066F9CF75FF9C0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/333B4196C4E64CA8AFFAE5753F350ED0.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 13th, 2007, 3:58 AM
CF Junior Member

My new tahoe, 1 week old and i already did all the mods...

2007 LTZ
Belltech 2/3 lowering with spindles and springs
Escalade Roof Rack
22" Boss 313
304/40/22 Yokahama Avid
Kenwood Backup camera

Old October 13th, 2007, 9:43 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mmihld,
Looks good but that isn't "all the mods" I'd like to think we cna always do more. Black is a nice platform for mods. Denali tails or LEDS would be nice. Theres always room for chrome. I hope week two is just as productive.

Nuyorican,
Any pics of the back of the Foose Tahoe? The front lower valance looks custom but I thought there would be more original work.
Old October 13th, 2007, 1:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Like a rock is right! I will always drive in a full metal jacket after our similar incident. 2 years ago we sold my wife's Honda Civic and ordered a '06 Tahoe loaded w/ all the bells and whistles. We loved it. I had a '01 extra cab Z-71 Silverado 4x4 which served us well but nothing like the Tahoe for towing our toys and traveling. Well, about 6 months in some dim witted chick not paying attention (probably texting like your situation) turned left right in to the side of my wife while going through an intersection 2 blocks from home. She was launched across the intersectionand center punched a massive phone / electric pole which brought things to an abrupt halt. It looks really bad & wasn't any fun, but her only injury other than the usual stiffness was where the airbag blew her sunglasses off and gave her a sexy scar across the eyebrow.The other chickwas in a Nissan Pathfinder that practically ripped everything from the firewall forward off. Thank God she wasn't in her Honda! We've learned why an SUV is worth the extra cost of the vehicle and gas. We also learned to not buy cheap rims from Discount tire (later found out the Discount brand of MB's are Chinese made… go figure!). We've had a bit of tough luck with Tahoe's… Our identical replacement for this truck was stolen while in Rocky Point Mexico about 8 months ago! We're now hoping the 3rd times a charm and plan to keep our '07 LT3 for a good long time.
Here's the carnage...

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/5CD8D19F9C264A76BFA35BEDE8B6DCA3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/C77385A3D6744002AF0201866951561B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/10196/979051814EFF464083BFFD3718693515.jpg[/IMG]
Old October 13th, 2007, 2:02 PM
CF Junior Member

Can you give me some info on what you used to lower it? Also is 4x4. Mine is I love the stance

ORIGINAL: P_RsTahoe

I posted these pics in another thread. I'll post them here because I had said I would post pics here after I lowered it.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old October 13th, 2007, 2:05 PM
CF Junior Member

DAMN!!!!

ORIGINAL: mmihld

My new tahoe, 1 week old and i already did all the mods...

2007 LTZ
Belltech 2/3 lowering with spindles and springs
Escalade Roof Rack
22" Boss 313
304/40/22 Yokahama Avid
Kenwood Backup camera

Old October 13th, 2007, 3:12 PM
CF Junior Member

Your right, i havent done ALL the mods yet!!! I was kidding myself when i said i was done....I'll post more pictures after it gets done raining here.

My lowering kit was a belltech 2/3 with spindles in the front and springs in the rear.
Old October 13th, 2007, 4:36 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

ORIGINAL: paradisepatiosAZ
We also learned to not buy cheap rims from Discount tire (later found out the Discount brand of MB's are Chinese made… go figure!).
They aren't the only ones getting their wheels from China. In an earlier thread discussing the 20" wheels, it came to lite that they are from China.

Glad your spouse made it OK. That's a nasty hit, both of them.

Quick Reply: Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!