Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!

Search this Thread

Old April 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update
Name:  IMG_1320_edited.jpg
Views: 1175
Size:  267.6 KB
Old April 12th, 2009, 7:32 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since my last post I decided to put on the Escalade roof rack and removed the gold rear bowtie so it is now chrome, which goes really well with the chrome bumper accent. This picture was taken before I removed the bowtie though.

Name:  IMG_0473.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  72.9 KB

Last edited by thetahoe; April 12th, 2009 at 7:36 PM.
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:31 AM
CF Beginner

Default My 2009 Tahoe

PS Anyone wanting to add bass to their stock Bose DVD Rear Entertainment system is in luck. I finally found the necessary leads to grab signal for the sub amp. Check out the Tahoe Add-a-Sub thread in this forum.
Old April 13th, 2009, 1:35 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks great. I like the painted rims. I think they would be better with a gloss finish though...
Old April 15th, 2009, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default New here

I'm new on here, 07 LS on 24" KMC. I'm looking to get the front grill blacked out including the chrome trim surrounding the grill. Also any suggestions on painting the lettering on the sides?
Attached Thumbnails Show your hoe/burb!  Post them pics boys!-dscn1131.jpg  
Old April 15th, 2009, 6:51 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum.

I like the way you matched it up with the dog
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:53 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by vismajor
I'm new on here, 07 LS on 24" KMC. I'm looking to get the front grill blacked out including the chrome trim surrounding the grill. Also any suggestions on painting the lettering on the sides?
In my opinion, the only way to do this correctly is to just buy new badging from GM and paint it before you ever apply them. Body shops will sometimes have access to these parts for cheap because they're aftermarket but exact replicas.

Taking them off and reapplying them is an option, but the difficulty level and time is hardly worth it. Painting them on the truck is along the same lines. You could mask off each nook and cranny with small pieces of tape and then try to cover the surrounding body as much as possible. This will still most likely result in some sort of over-spray on the vehicle.

Just be sure that if you are removing the old lettering, to take a piece of masking tape and create a line under the badging so that you can recreate the exact positioning. Also mark on the masking tape the outter edges of each letter so that spacing remains the same.

The only other option to doing this project would be to get some touch-up paint from the dealer and hand paint each emblem with a small brush. This will require some masking as well but much less than spray painting.

K, I have a question for you.. which rims are those and where did you get them?? Thanks.

Travis

Last edited by socaliguy81; April 16th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old April 16th, 2009, 10:32 PM
CF Beginner

KMC Slide, got'em from a local shop where i live. Anyone know if its possible to get the rear end dropped so it sits level without voiding the warranty?
Old April 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
CF Junior Member

Nice rides boys - I'm liking the black rims for sure. I'm thinking of getting winter tires next fall - if I do, pretty sure they'll be mounted on black rims.
Old April 21st, 2009, 10:54 AM
CF Beginner

Default Black rims

If you are looking at black rims for the winter, I'd suggest looking at American Racing's new ATX line. They use a Teflon coating to ward off the winter corrosion... I have the ATX Thugs and they still shine up no matter how much salt, sand, or mud I coat them with.

Quick Reply: Show your hoe/burb! Post them pics boys!