Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???

Old April 7th, 2015, 10:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2007 doesn't whine per se, but it does make some kind of noise almost like a dull buzzing. The issue for me is that I'm pretty sure only I can hear it, but I am fairly certain it is coming from this round disc with holes in the ceiling, directly over my left ear. If I push up on that it seems to lesson a bit. I can't really tell if it changes with RPM's but either I just forget about it or it goes away after awhile.

Anyone know what that thing is or what might cause it? I always felt it had something to do with onstar, but I've never used the onstar system so not sure.
Old April 7th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

That is the aspirator for the air conditioning system... the little fan is going out, they are about $20 on Amazon....
Amazon.com: ACDelco 22834330 GM Original Equipment Cabin Air Temperature Sensor Aspirator: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 22834330 GM Original Equipment Cabin Air Temperature Sensor Aspirator: Automotive
Old April 9th, 2015, 8:28 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much! It has been driving me crazy for months now. I have it ordered, should be here next week! Seems easy enough to do. I have a sunroof, and have heard you can get to it from that side, though I haven't looked into how you could remove the plastic sunroof trim without breaking it.

I'm just happy to know the sound will be gone soon enough!!!
Old October 22nd, 2016, 10:57 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After over 4 years of dealing with the whining/buzzing noise... Which has gotten worse over the years, I decided to try and take the rear a/c module apart and clean it as was suggested above. It did not appear corroded but i cleaned it anyways (as instructed above). So now it's been 4 days and my stereo hasn't whined at all!! I'm so glad I tried this as I was going to go buy a new unit and replace the whole rear a/c control... So glad I fixed that now it I can just find the mysterious clanking noise coming from the rear I will be all good!
For the record mine would whine all the time unless I turned on the rear control and disabled the rear speakers or plug in headphones in the back, when I would do that the headphone icon would appear on my radio and it would never make noise with that rear a/c turned off. I would have to leave off the rear speakers also if I wanted to talk on the hands free because the whining was too much when I was trying to talk on the phone.
Old March 29th, 2017, 1:32 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up Thank you!!

Only reason I joined this is to say thank you! 07 Tahoe, audible tachometer is what I called it... Pulled the rear unit, snapped it in 1/2.... I used mass air flow cleaner and dielectric grease for reassembly. Noise GONE!!
Awesome thread, thank you again!!
Old March 29th, 2017, 4:06 PM
Administrator

Darren Beason welcome to the forum, thanks for taking the time to join and say that the fix worked for you, that is what makes forums like this work!
Old October 7th, 2017, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Have had the same whine noise since I bought my truck (07 Tahoe). Pulled the back radio control and noticed bare wires on both connections. Haven't got around to cleaning the 32 pin or wrapping these wires, but I suspect this is the issue. Anyone else notice this?
Old February 19th, 2018, 8:09 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same noise

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra extended cab with the same noise problem. I have read this whole thread and everyone is saying replace or clean the rear radio control and it fixes it. Well I don’t have the back radio control in my extended cab. What is causing my problem then?
Old February 21st, 2018, 3:20 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Its possible a poor battery cable connection could cause it. I resolved an alternator whine sound by replacing the positive battery cable. You might also look at the negative cable.
Old March 20th, 2018, 4:54 AM
CF Beginner

I have an 07 Trailblazer. I don’t have the rare radio in my console but i do have ac/heat controls. Could that be the problem. I am so tired of that noise. Been dealing with it forever now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speaker whine and buzz Bose system???