Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Steering wheel play on 2003 Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/steering-wheel-play-2003-suburban-4794/)

CPUFed January 14th, 2007 7:41 PM

Steering wheel play on 2003 Suburban

I'm looking at buying at 2003 Suburban and have it for the weekend. When I turn a corner slowly and over bumps I can feel a slight play in the steering while, kind of like a knocking. Any ideas?

golfer January 14th, 2007 11:48 PM

RE: Steering wheel play on 2003 Suburban

Tie rods ??

ndoddchevy January 16th, 2007 5:46 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem with my 2003 Suburban K1500 LT 4x4 - however two different workshops cannot find anything wrong, loose or worn.

Does anybody have any other ideas?

RoadWarrior03 January 18th, 2007 10:16 PM

It's a minor service. You need a lube kit applied to the steering column. I have it done once a year or so.
No big deal.

CPUFed January 20th, 2007 1:20 AM

That was the problem. I had theservice managertake a ride in it beforeI bought it and he knew exactly whatthe problem was. The service dept. applied the lube kit and it's fine now.

ndoddchevy January 29th, 2007 5:05 AM

Where exactly do you apply the lubrication?

Most workshops in the UK are not familiar with this make or model.

I have the workshop manual so if anyone is able to refer to a chapter, page number or illustration that would be a great help.

ndoddchevy August 27th, 2007 4:20 PM

Any feedback on the exact lubrication points?[/align][/align]Its been 8 months....:eek:[/align]

bpdcpa August 28th, 2007 8:42 PM

Hello. I have an '02 Suburban and had the same problem several years ago. I took it to the dealer, and they said it was actually a recall issue.I don't remember exactly what they did, but I am sure it was beyond lubricating. You may want to check into a possible recall?

ndoddchevy August 29th, 2007 3:44 PM

Thanks - any idea what the recall number was or is anyone else familiar with this recall?[/align][/align]Unfortunately I am in the UK and I don't think that a recall note would be effective here [:@].[/align][/align]Cheers[/align]

jepeters August 31st, 2007 12:00 AM

[align=left]I have the same issue. With a front wheel jacked, I can move the tire back and forth ( left and right ) about 1 inch. The other tire is stationary. I asked a repair shop and they jumped into telling me that the tie-rods are shot. Also, the inside of the pass tire is wearing down faster then the other side. I'm bringing it in over the weekend. I'll ask about the lube kit.

I'll post later next week what the results are....

[/align]