Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/)
-   -   Suburban hesitation (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-25/suburban-hesitation-51229/)

highroad June 17th, 2012 11:03 AM

Suburban hesitation

My 2004 Suburban hesitates at acceleration. Sometimes from a stop and sometimes when trying to get out of somebody's way. Seems to have become worse and now happens more frequently. Any ideas? Thanks

in2pro June 17th, 2012 11:09 AM

First thing that comes to my mind is the Throttle Position Sensor...
But it might be worth checking the fuel pressure as it could a fuel demand/supply issue....

kevinkpk June 17th, 2012 2:17 PM

Whats the idle rpm?

highroad June 17th, 2012 4:30 PM

Hi, Thank you both for responding. The idle rpm is just between 5 and 600. Again, it seems to happen more often now to the point where--I'm typically a leadfoot--I am afraid to accelerate too fast because it causes this problem. I cannot get out of my own way! Thanks again.

kevinkpk June 17th, 2012 4:55 PM

Originally Posted by highroad (Post 218673)
Hi, Thank you both for responding. The idle rpm is just between 5 and 600. Again, it seems to happen more often now to the point where--I'm typically a leadfoot--I am afraid to accelerate too fast because it causes this problem. I cannot get out of my own way! Thanks again.

That is low, I'd suggest pulling the vacuum hose off the regulator to see if you have gas in it, if so, replace it.

elaf55 September 23rd, 2012 8:04 AM

Hello, I currently have a 2011 Suburban with 70k and it also has a hesitation going from a stop light it feels like its clogged up or something not sure but I do have to step on the gas to go faster ? any advice thanks

in2pro September 23rd, 2012 10:09 AM

Welcome to the forum...
and 11 with 70k...I would try a couple of bottles of Techron in a take of gas, if you see some improvement, having the injectors cleaned professional may be needed.
Also check/replace the air filter..

elaf55 September 24th, 2012 6:52 AM

Originally Posted by in2pro (Post 227422)
Welcome to the forum...
and 11 with 70k...I would try a couple of bottles of Techron in a take of gas, if you see some improvement, having the injectors cleaned professional may be needed.
Also check/replace the air filter..

Can you provide me with the best cleaner product ? And do i place it when the tank is full or nearly empty?

in2pro September 24th, 2012 8:16 AM

I have had good results with Techron and 3M products..though there are many on the market. BG products seem to be the rage however I have not used them... Add to a partial tank and fill up. If it improves have the injectors professionally cleaned.

73shark September 26th, 2012 3:40 PM

I agree w/ Techron.

Is BG available to us regular consumers?