Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2018, 12:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks

Driver & passenger doors lock & unlock with driver door button & key.
But, rear passenger and back hatch locks only lock with driver button...but wont unlock?? HELP
Old January 17th, 2018, 10:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can only relate on what happened to me. I bought a 2001 GMC Yukon XL last year with a few issues to sort out. The last one being the door locks. I could not for the life of me get the rear barn doors to lock / unlock. I tried everything, cleaning the contacts replacing the actuators.......no luck. Periodically I check all headlights, parking lights and brake likes etc. to make sure they work. I noticed one of the license plates lights was out. I replaced it. I went someplace and wanted to lock the car. I clicked the FOB and noticed the rear number plate lights flashed. I thought they have never done that while other lights did. Sure enough the barn doors locked.

I have no explanation of what happened. I have also been an electrician for 40 years. Somehow replacing the bulb completed a circuit someplace and the locks have worked from that day on.

Tom