Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tire pressure

Search this Thread

Old January 3rd, 2007, 11:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire pressure

One last question...

Can anyone recommend a good tire pressure gauge? I have an older digital el cheapo from the Shack. But, it is at least one digit less than what the DIC registers. I have the 20" inch rims and larger tires which are rated at 32PSI. The DIC registers 33PSI all around even after I let a little air out to register 31PSI on my handheld gauge. I know the sensors have to relearn position after a tire change and to be honest, I don't know if the dealership reset that after my last rotation a few weeks back. I know I didn't reset it but will to see if that makes a difference. I wasn't even sure if that had anything to do with the tire pressure sensor anyway.

At any rate, I'd like to find a good handheld gauge, digital or not, as a backup to the DIC. I recognize the value of proper tire pressure and have gotten many miles out of my tires by taking just a few extra minutes to insure proper inflation. Makes sense to me!

Thanks!!
Old January 4th, 2007, 1:52 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tire pressure

I have a digital guage and it matches the DIC readings exactly. The brand on the side says "Accutire". It was a gift I received several years ago. I believe it came from Brookstone. If not google it. Good Luck
Old January 4th, 2007, 2:25 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think mine is accutire also, got it from Sam's a couple years back. I think it was $20 or something. It always matches my Tahoes pressure reading as well.
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

I rec'd a digital from Restoration Hardware (looks just like the Accutire). It matches within 0.5 psi of the DIC reading.
Old January 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check!

That's the one I will find. Thanks for the info!