Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Seatbelts

Search this Thread

Old August 15th, 2018, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seatbelts

I have a 2007 Chevy burb and 2 our of the three seatbelt receptacles in the mid seats or broke and one in the third row is broke. Now if I was a “dink” then who cares but I have 3 kids and one on the way and absolutely!!!! Cannot afford to replace these but absolutely cannot afford a ticket and absolutely cannot afford to injure or lose the life of one of my babies!!! The plastic outer piece has just broke off therefore the buckle reciever won’t accept the buckle on the belt. Is there an inexpensive place to purchase these. Oh and I have one on the way!!! Sooo this really doesn’t work with a car seat!!! Help ob1 you’re my only hope!!!!
Old August 15th, 2018, 9:46 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hit the junkyards, there should be plenty available.

Tom
Old August 15th, 2018, 9:50 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Eagle
I have a 2007 Chevy burb and 2 our of the three seatbelt receptacles in the mid seats or broke and one in the third row is broke. Now if I was a “dink” then who cares but I have 3 kids and one on the way and absolutely!!!! Cannot afford to replace these but absolutely cannot afford a ticket and absolutely cannot afford to injure or lose the life of one of my babies!!! The plastic outer piece has just broke off therefore the buckle reciever won’t accept the buckle on the belt. Is there an inexpensive place to purchase these. Oh and I have one on the way!!! Sooo this really doesn’t work with a car seat!!! Help ob1 you’re my only hope!!!!
Try a wrecking yard. Lots of seat belts are shared by different GM models, particularly the lower part with the clasp, If its a "pull-it-yourself" place you'll need tools, including a large Torx wrench tool on most vehicles I've seen. Pull one out of your Chevy and take it there for comparison so you get the correct ones. Good luck and
may the Force be with you!!

Old August 15th, 2018, 10:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I thought junk yards wouldn’t sell Saftey equipment but yes that is a great idea I will definitely be doing that!
Old August 15th, 2018, 12:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Eagle
I guess I thought junk yards wouldn’t sell Saftey equipment but yes that is a great idea I will definitely be doing that!
I am pretty sure that wreaking yards will sell you seat belts. Only a few things they can't sell, at least in most states, are used (non-deployed) airbags. Also catalytic converters, but that's not a safety item unless the high heat from one sets off a fire, of course.