Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Transmission Line Leak?

Search this Thread

Old October 10th, 2016, 6:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Line Leak?

Leak at Connection for Coolant Line

I smelled a coolant/burning smell when we got out from a short trip out the other day. After thinking about it, I had noticed a wet spot in the driveway when we left where you would typically see condensation from the accumulator. I didn't register at the time, but it was from the leaking fitting on a heater hose where it connects to a steel/rigid line going down under the frame. It appears to be a quick connect type fitting and it is dripping from the connection. Is this part repairable or does the entire line need to be replaced. It's connected to a hose with part number 15895065. Thanks for any advice in advance. 2008 Suburban, LTZ. I noticed the spot on the ground felt slightly oily. Not sure if it's transmission fluid or coolant now.
Attached Thumbnails Transmission Line Leak?-20161009_134822.jpg   Transmission Line Leak?-20161009_134807.jpg  

Last edited by rjhastings75; October 10th, 2016 at 7:08 PM. Reason: Pic edit