Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Tried to post to my location of a Bluetooth microphone but kept getting this error...

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tried to post to my location of a Bluetooth microphone but kept getting this error...

I just typed an entire message on this site and it lost it giving me a 500 error of some sort. (this is now the 5th try with the same error.) What's up? The double " ' are getting old too...

Back to the message and I'll copy it to my clipboard this time in case it goes away again...

I posted a link to the removal of the front part of the dashboard on a Tahoe. The part that stopped me was the removal of the light sensor in the very middle. The instructions I had were to turn it counter clockwise but that didn't work. Either it doesn't turn or is quite stuck. Is that the proper way to remove it on a 2007 Tahoe?

Thanks... Gary

Here’s the error I got trying to post to the location of a Bluetooth microphone post…

ASP 500 Error
An error occurred processing the page you requested.
Please see the details below for more information.[align=center]

Program File Name

/postpro.asp

COM Error Number

-2146824867 (0x800A0D5D)

Error File Name

/postpro.asp

Line Number

Brief Description

Application uses a value of the wrong type for the current operation.[/align]

pxlSiteFile = "chevroletforum.com.js"; pxlScriptStart = '%3Cscr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript"'; pxlScriptEnd = '%3C/scr' + 'ipt%3E'; if (location.protocol.indexOf("https") == -1) { document.write(unescape(pxlScriptStart + ' src="http://pxl.ibpxl.com/'+pxlSiteFile+'"%3E'+pxlScriptEnd)); } else { document.write(unescape(pxlScriptStart + ' src="https://pxlssl.ibpxl.com/'+pxlSiteFile+'"%3E'+pxlScriptEnd)); }

var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));

var acct='UA-939292-12';var ggIntvl;function loadGoogleFunctions(){if (typeof(_gat) == 'undefined'){ return; }; var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker(acct); pageTracker._initData(); pageTracker._trackPageview(); clearInterval(ggIntvl); ggIntvl = null;};if (typeof(_gat) == 'undefined'){ggIntvl = window.setInterval("loadGoogleFunctions()", 200);}else { loadGoogleFunctions(); };

_qoptions = { tags:"Automotive" };var _qacct="p-f3Hr4xDGnlZIE";var qIntvl;function loadQFunctions(){if (typeof(quantserve) == 'undefined'){ return; };quantserve(); clearInterval(qIntvl);qIntvl = null;};if (typeof(quantserve) == 'undefined'){qIntvl = window.setInterval("loadQFunctions()", 200);}else { loadQFunctions(); };

Old November 23rd, 2008, 11:31 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts
Default RE: Tried to post to my location of a Bluetooth microphone but kept getting this error...

Haven't heard recently about the status of a software upgrade for the site that'll fix the problems. Not sure when it'll happen, if ever.
Old November 24th, 2008, 7:02 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tried to post to my location of a Bluetooth microphone but kept getting this error...

it should just twist right off, if not counter clockwise than clockwise but usually with minimal effort. Where exactly are you posting your microphone that you need to remove that panel for?
Old November 24th, 2008, 7:12 AM
CF Active Member

Not the microphone. The GPS antenna. According to this install I found online this is where the factory putantenna and there's a plate for the antenna.

Here's the link where I saw this at:
http://reviews.ebay.com/GM-Truck-SUV...00000004593584

Thanks.. Gary

Old November 24th, 2008, 7:41 AM
CF Active Member

I think that plate is there if the car comes with factory navigation. Ive done a few tahoes suburbans and silverados (without gps) and Ive never seen that before.The plate shouldnt make a difference though, I believe its just there so the antennae magnet wont have it move around. I personally wouldnt like my antennae there just incase the plastic layer might block some signal, but if it works.. sweet! The less you show the better!
Old November 24th, 2008, 8:08 AM
CF Active Member

The Kenwood GPS came with a metal plate with adhesive that looks about indentical to the one in the picture. If the space is there I'd be tickled. I'd be even more tickled as to how to get that part of the dashboard off as I've tried to unscrew that light sensor and haven't been able to budge it. Also if you know how to properly removethe entire dash piece once the sensor is out of the waywithout breaking it I'd love to know that.

As far as the antenna reception through the thin plastic. No way it would be a problem at least for a Garmin. (which is what's built into the Kenwood 7120.) Every Garmin I've had for the last 10 years has even got reception inside my house. Some people even have trouble in the woods. Got me. I am a bit miffed at Garmin right now as my Garmin Nuvi had traffic reception but it was tied to the power supply which got stolen last month. I contacted them to kill it and move it to my new unit. They apologized but said no. That's not going to be the end of it. Best unit out there or not they are going to get with it on customer service or I'll find the time to trash them. Others give away traffic and they won't even give me what I paid for.

Gary..
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
CF Active Member

I lovethe garmin, i have a kenwood 8019 in my car. To take that plastic peice that holds the sensor off, you need to remove both A-pillars. Once you remove them that whole peice snaps off, no screws. Now you're only problem will be twisting the sensor off. I cant imagine it to be that stuck, I would suggest a little more force I doubt you will break it unless you are twisting the wrong way. As far as that metal plate, the one in the picture looks just like described, a metal plate, where as the kenwoods and pioneers bring a metal adhesive, it works great but not necessary for the unit to work. I use 3m tape if I can.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:35 AM
CF Active Member

Does anyone know for certain it is removed by twisting it counter clockwise? Thanks for the input also...

Thanks...

Gary
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:37 AM
CF Active Member

I'm almost positive its counter clockwise if you are looking at the sensor from the bottom.
Old November 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
CF Active Member

I'm looking at it from the top??? The little plastic bubble... Do you grab the bubble and turn it counter-clockwise would be the question..

Thanks... Gary

Quick Reply: Tried to post to my location of a Bluetooth microphone but kept getting this error...