Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Truck Levels, Camper Hitched, Truck Back End Sinks

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2013, 8:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck Levels, Camper Hitched, Truck Back End Sinks

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ.
I tow my camping traiiler with it.
Other times, for just when the entire family is going somewhere.
Last year I had the Air Compressor for the suspension system replaced after a message popped up on the DIC that said "Service Suspension System".

This last time, after I hooked up my camper, the compressor kicked on, leveled out the truck, but after sometime driving down the road, the back end sagged. It did not remain level.

Also, there was no message on the DIC that said anything about the suspension system having an issue. Two questions, what could be causing the truck to not remain level and, if this were a suspension issue, why would there not be a message on the DIC saying so?

What parts, if any, of the suspension system would cause this issue, for
the rear end to ride low after initially being level and would cause no message of a problem on the DIC?

Any thoughts out there?

Many thanks in advance to one and all.

Mike
<!-- / message -->
Old July 17th, 2013, 9:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

the air shocks may be leaking or a check valve in the air shock faulty. The air compressor may be faulty. Hard to speculate but that's my guess.
Old July 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles? by 96~98K mine were shot. And so was the compressor from trying to keep them full. So, at 120K I replaced the compressor and rear shocks. I got the Bilstein air shock replacement. Great ride, shocks hold air for days on end without the truck ever being turned on. Also, the new shocks I feel are built better than OE shocks that came off my truck. But it doesn't take long for my compressor to lift the rear end and it stays with the new shocks. Replace them before you burn out your new compressor.