Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

water in passenger side foor

Search this Thread

Old November 21st, 2015, 8:10 AM
git
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy water in passenger side foor

I have a 2011 Chev suburban that is getting water in the passenger side floor. It is clear water so I suspect it is coming from the evaporator drain being plugged. I am having problems locating the drain. Can anyone help me locate the drain so I can unplug it.
thanks

Last edited by git; November 21st, 2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get your ride jacked/lifted up where you can move under it easily.
Put some eye protection on, the water is clear, but it's actually "yuckey".
Look in up at the firewall on the passengers side.
From about mid way to the hood line and the curve which turns the body to the underside of the floorboard area, you'll see a rubber tube about 3/4" in diameter, with what looks like a pinched end. That pinched end is actually what is an open slot for the water to be discharged through, which has stuck closed.

Rub the hose end back and forth between your fingers, and the water should discharge. Once it stops dripping, you might clean it with a swab, and rub some silicone lube (sparingly) up inside the tube at its closure.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 9:13 AM
git
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your response. I have lifted the suburban up so i could look in the area where you suggested. I cannot find a 3/4" tube extending from the firewall where you said to look. There are a lot of obstructions to look around but i spent quite a bit of time looking but no success. Any other suggestions?
Old November 23rd, 2015, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Umm, that's usually a regular approach to the drain, however on some it's a little hard to find. Here's a video which I can't get any sound on, so, I'm not sure if it applies to your ride. View and see if it helps you.