Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Why does the info at this forum seem so poorly organized.

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why does the info at this forum seem so poorly organized.

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/new...57/#post225709

And forget about the fact that everyone repeats thread concepts whatever. But really, to have stickies about cracked dashes and disabling running lights and not a single one about recalls and bulletins!??! Doesn't seem like anything here is intended to help the DIY auto owner at all?

A site like this should address cluster recalls, steering wheel intermittent shaft recalls, etc. And the details about what to look for (whether they replace an intermediate shaft or simply relube it, the miles before the deal is no longer available, etc..)

And fyi, I got my steering wheel shaft fixed back in 2005. While Im sure they billed GMAC for a replacement part, clearly the just lubed it cause ITS KNOCKING AGAIN.

Important issues like A/C malfunctions should be stickied with solid information, etc. Especially considering every damn a/c blower resister in 2003 and above is getting ready to start failing on one of the most popular SUVs ever sold!! Or would that cut you GMAC Kick?!

I see NO information as to real and underlying issues and how they relate. Why are there no stickies advising a concepts like, What to expect in your tahoe as it ages and from a certain 5 year series? What are the REAL underlying causes of the failures not brough up, with all the possible subsets of problems resulting ( like the fact that I now suspect a poor dirvers side door switch has been the sole cause of so many compounding issues in my 2003 tahoe LT.)

Is there is problem with the search engine?

Sorry, but I seen nothing but a site run by a mechanic who really wants us in his shop. LOL Just an observation honesly stated. Im not saying the info is not here, but one has to work way too hard, and have to much insight to really gain quick advantage. There is no legit reason for this.
Old September 4th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

You got your intermediate shaft fixed before the new design was available. Take it in again and they'll put the new design part in.

If everything was a sticky, then you'd have the same complaint that you couldn't find anything.

Use the search function. BTW when you see the red squiggly line under your word, that means you spelled it wrong (counted five) or it doesn't recognize it.

Been around this forum and others for awhile and haven't heard of a plethora of blower motor resistor failures.
Old September 4th, 2012, 9:21 AM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default line

only Firefox checks spelling. IE does not.

isn't this site owned by a commercial company? not a mechanic?

yea, it's just a company making $ on the ads:

Registrant:
Internet Marketing Solutions of Nevada, Inc.
3920 E. Patrick Lane
2nd Floor
Las Vegas, NV 89120
United States
Old September 4th, 2012, 6:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

bbc3:
This site is no different from any other automotive forum that I've been on.

Sites you describe are available but they are not free forums.

Last edited by tech2; September 4th, 2012 at 6:26 PM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 8:23 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

If you don't like the way its set up, you could always start your own.
Yes it is a little hard to navigate, but you will find what you are looking for with some patience.
Lee

MS "Spell Check" does work with this site, and any other one.
I just used it.
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Start my own?? Hmmm... The problem is that sites cost a boatload of money to run. Which is why the require sponsors and advertisors with that $. Someone will though...

Make no mistake that its great to have a place with users giving good feedback. I also understand the difficulty with duplicate posting, poor spelling, and site police duties. But there are clear failures here that are by intent as website administration software (like this) is very common in standard and performs basic functions well when allowed to. Even if someone were to say "oh, I dont have this set up right" - Well, whatever, I dont have to toggle the settings certain ways for others using similar fundmentals. So anyone comming with that from management can spare me.

So could anyone tell me why it would not be logical to post bulletins ina sticky. THATS SEEMS LIKE THE FIRST THING TO DO.. LOL

But I see GMAC has Cust Service Reps here? Or are those just folks with funny avatars and stolen IDs?

One could sit back and try to take an honest approach from the many standpoint and say "oh' I agree, we cant just go putting HOT information out there and have every freakin idiot and their mothers harrasing the local chevy dealerships." At the same time and Devils advocate, THE PROBLEM is the dealerships are not bending over backwards to ID certain problems as manufacturer related. This would not be in their interest. So we wander down there to get a sticken from less than reputable some times, or depending on current GM operating protocol handed down at the time.

So the truth is the middle ground. This is where it is supposed to be. Folks with enough sence to do homework can find what they need and FAIRLY get it addressed. GM ACCEPTED MY 40K plus in exchange for their product. And all along while I sat there and listened to some jackass selling me the warranty go on about a "Second compressor" being a risky proposition. If I did not want the warranty, I would have spit on the floor and walked out. Its DISGUISTING the practice that GM allows and they should police themselves better...!!

Doesnt really matter but makes it a pain in the A for me to get the info i need. Someday someone WILL start a decent Chevy site free of charge and paid for by advertising to THE PEOPLE which are utilizing it. Internet can not be stopped and the data becomes more and more available every day.

Thanks to the poster who advised me of the intermediate shaft issue I was not aware of. The funny thing is that I could probably go down there after researching and documenting precisely the failure of the job they did, and they would still come up with some BS. These are critical times for dealers with credit requirements being all time highs and low sales. But their loyalty to GM is paid for not earned. I'm sure there have been a few rebels out there that have run good dealerships for their customers, for however long they lasted. You can discount my rabble and blow me off or ban me, but its rediculous, it WILL change, so enjoy your last days of protection by sheer consumer ignorance. Just the way it is.

They are banking that I can afford a tahoe, so I dont have the time for this crap. They are right. Problem is that the user car market does exist and thats when the problems start. Its also consumers like me who are considering buying a second hand vehicle next time and to hell with the new car market. The best part is that there are folks that would sit back with the mentality that I have got my value from my car at 90K and what am I complaining about. That I have no made a payment in 3-4 years. Its time to pony up again for a little repair action... Roman times of profit taking indeed. Well last time I checked I paid over HALF the value of a HOME in some markets, and just to drive to F'n work...! Enough... Just enough.....

Originally Posted by staggerlee
If you don't like the way its set up, you could always start your own.
Yes it is a little hard to navigate, but you will find what you are looking for with some patience.
Lee

MS "Spell Check" does work with this site, and any other one.
I just used it.
Old September 5th, 2012, 6:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by bbc3
So could anyone tell me why it would not be logical to post bulletins ina sticky. THATS SEEMS LIKE THE FIRST THING TO DO.. LOL

Sorry, I'm not going to read that novel.

1.The tsb's are own by gm. You would have to pay to post them...legally.

2. To post the volume of all the tsbs is over-whelming.

If I don't like how a site is organized; I find site I like and go there. Maybe you like to debate?
Old September 5th, 2012, 6:43 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
Sorry, I'm not going to read that novel.

1.The tsb's are own by gm. You would have to pay to post them...legally.

2. To post the volume of all the tsbs is over-whelming.

If I don't like how a site is organized; I find site I like and go there. Maybe you like to debate?
Me niether. The tech bulletins are "courtesy" of this forum, that does advertise at the "knowledge" of those that can post or try to help on a bulliten board forum.
If you have something to add, or suggest from a post/thread, please do so. Woops addresing this to the original poster, not tech2
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Administrator

Received 155 Likes on 153 Posts

I think bbc3 could subscribe to Alldata or maybe it's Mitchell and get TSBs.
Old September 7th, 2012, 9:45 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by bbc3
But I see GMAC has Cust Service Reps here? Or are those just folks with funny avatars and stolen IDs?
Just wanted to chime in - we do work for the GM Customer Service Social Media department and can look into any existing vehicle concerns you may be having at the moment. Please feel free to contact us with further information (including your name, a description of your concern, and the last 8 digits of your VIN).

Sarah (Assisting Louis), Chevrolet Customer Service

Quick Reply: Why does the info at this forum seem so poorly organized.