Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

2007 Tahoe how do i remove headliner partially

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2018, 4:17 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2007 Tahoe how do i remove headliner partially

My wife came home today and she said there is something wrong with the driver's side sun visor. I take a look and the plastic bracketry has cracked allowing the shade to pop out of place. The bracketry isnt sold separately, only way to get it is to get a new visor, or probably a junk yard find. I'd rather just put a new piece in.

Question is how do I go about partially removing the front headliner to gain access? But now that I'm typing this out, I may not need to pull down part of the headliner? Not sure now, but it'll be a tight fit to try and disconnect the electrical connector for the vanity lights.

Any suggestions or tips is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Old February 15th, 2018, 7:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

can you post a pic of what has to be replaced
Old February 15th, 2018, 8:53 PM
CF Senior Member

this is the piece im talking about. i got this pic from ebay
I can get a pic tomorrow foe you. But its the plastic piece that screws into the headliner, the piece that secures the sun visor to the headliner.

Last edited by Typerod; February 15th, 2018 at 8:56 PM.
Old February 16th, 2018, 7:55 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

that piece: remove the 3 screws, disconnect the electrical connector and remove the sunvisor without dropping the headliner.
Old February 16th, 2018, 3:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by tech2
that piece: remove the 3 screws, disconnect the electrical connector and remove the sunvisor without dropping the headliner.
Thanks tech2! I'm hoping I can get that bracket to sit flush with the headliner, b/c years ago, a tech was wire tracing an issue with my adjustable pedals, and he had removed the headliner and major parts of the dash etc., and when I got my car back from that, I noticed he didn't put the driver's sunvisor back properly, it was not quite flush, but I never did anything about it, I just let it be.

Thanks again!