Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Looking around

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2017, 6:18 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking around

Hello family, I need some help on a couple of issues, I have an 01 suburban 1500, and my cruise control doesn't work, it did before and now it doesn't, also, my power mirror switch isn't working well either. ... I can adjust the mirrors to go out, but not to come back in. .. can anyone help me out with this ? Could it be a fuse, if so where is it ? Bad ground ?
Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:36 PM
CF Pro Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

On the mirror issue - you said mirrors, not mirror, so they both exhibit the behavior? And you said they both go out, not in? Meaning the driver's mirror moves left, but not right, and vice versa for the passenger mirror? If they both move left and not right, or vice versa, then you have a bad switch.

Regards to the cruise control - I'd check fuses first. Look in your owners manual for the various fuse locations. My choice for second culprit would be a bad brake switch; check to see if your tail lights/brake lights function properly. I had a car with that same problem, and it was a bad brake switch that was stuck "on," so I couldn't engage cruise.