Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/)
-   -   Low speed vibration in Suburban (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/tahoe-suburban-diy-useful-threads-61/low-speed-vibration-suburban-80542/)

bfritz November 18th, 2016 9:31 AM

Low speed vibration in Suburban

I bought a 2016 Suburban and have 11,000 miles on it. My question is about a low to mid speed vibration throughout the body. When ever you decelerate and hit that 30 mph to 45mph you get a very annoying vibration until you give it more gas. I am told by my dealer that the 22 inch tires have something to do with it and it is also the nature of the vehicle. I have driven Tahoe's for the last 7 years and this is my first Suburban and if I can't get this vibration fixed it will be my last one also. Anyone else have or heard of the same problem?

oldchevy November 18th, 2016 12:00 PM

Isn't it still under warranty? Regardless of the cause, the dealer needs to fix the problem!

kevinkpk November 18th, 2016 2:59 PM

Originally Posted by bfritz (Post 329850)
I bought a 2016 Suburban and have 11,000 miles on it. My question is about a low to mid speed vibration throughout the body. When ever you decelerate and hit that 30 mph to 45mph you get a very annoying vibration until you give it more gas. I am told by my dealer that the 22 inch tires have something to do with it and it is also the nature of the vehicle. I have driven Tahoe's for the last 7 years and this is my first Suburban and if I can't get this vibration fixed it will be my last one also. Anyone else have or heard of the same problem?

Nope, it is NOT the nature of the vehicle. The 22 inch wheels are aftermarket so, it could be balance issue.

73shark November 18th, 2016 4:14 PM

Bfritz: Welcome to the forum. Are the 22" wheels OEM or aftermarket? Either way, I'd recommend getting them road force balanced.

tech2 November 19th, 2016 9:12 PM

can't see how tire and wheels can cause a vibration on decel. seems move like a driveline issue.
have the dealer measure the vibration with a eva vibration analyzer. wheel and driveline resonate at an entirely difference hertz frequency.

bfritz November 25th, 2016 7:09 AM

Thanks, that is exactly what I tried to tell them. Still working on it.

bfritz November 25th, 2016 7:10 AM

Originally Posted by 73shark (Post 329863)
Bfritz: Welcome to the forum. Are the 22" wheels OEM or aftermarket? Either way, I'd recommend getting them road force balanced.

The 22" tires are OEM, came on the vehicle.

bfritz November 25th, 2016 7:11 AM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 329901)
can't see how tire and wheels can cause a vibration on decel. seems move like a driveline issue.
have the dealer measure the vibration with a eva vibration analyzer. wheel and driveline resonate at an entirely difference hertz frequency.

Thanks, I will mention this to the service manager.