Tahoe & Suburban DIY and Useful Threads This section is for DIY writeups, FAQs, and other useful threads. If you would like something posted in here, please contact a moderator.

Please HELP, 2007 Suburban 2500 6.0 Need advise

Old May 8th, 2017, 6:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcjones
You can also plug the vin in at cheapestgmparts.com and get a list of parts you need at decent prices.
Thanks a ton
Old May 8th, 2017, 6:27 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update

So I haven't had much time to mess with things also have been waiting for parts to come in, but this weekend I was able to fit the fuel rail line and injectors. Since the 7 pin harness that plugs into the coil pack harness was cut I had to order the pigtail and connect everything up. Today I get the computer programmed & key and hopefully start it up. I was able to spin the motor so I know it's not seized. I still need an air intake, either oem or after market (Not sure what I'm going with) an MAF, drivers door window switch and radio and heating controls, oh and rear view mirror. Looking forward to posting before and after pics
Old May 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMO stay with stock intake or if you go cold air stay away from oiled filters like K&N. They are junk.
Old May 10th, 2017, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default Update

I've been trying to save a few bucks and have a friend of mine program the computer, but he's been pushing me down the line. I decided to try and program the key after seeing a video on YouTube. And it worked. The car started up after a few tries. (the video I used had me place the key in the ignition for 10 minutes in the on position and 5 seconds in the off position and repeat the process 3 or 4 times, I can't remember, but basically you do it until the theft deterrent light goes off) I put the csr into reverse and moved it about a car length and drive for about a car Length. That's when I noticed a **** ton of oil coming from the oil cooler line. So I turned it off, the motor sounds healthy as I believe the line rusted out after sitting in the same spot for 2 years. No leaks while the truck has been parked just started after I gotten started. Also the rear passenger break line is leaking. But I know what I need to do, and that's dump more money into it because now I KNOW it's worth it. So I ordered the stock intake, rear view mirror, drivers mirror. Why did the car start with out the pcm or Ecu whatever you want to call it programed? And I'm still going to have my friend hook it up to his computer to "program" it but what exactly does that do or mean?
Old May 12th, 2017, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Anydawg
I've been trying to save a few bucks and have a friend of mine program the computer, but he's been pushing me down the line. I decided to try and program the key after seeing a video on YouTube. And it worked. The car started up after a few tries. (the video I used had me place the key in the ignition for 10 minutes in the on position and 5 seconds in the off position and repeat the process 3 or 4 times, I can't remember, but basically you do it until the theft deterrent light goes off) I put the csr into reverse and moved it about a car length and drive for about a car Length. That's when I noticed a **** ton of oil coming from the oil cooler line. So I turned it off, the motor sounds healthy as I believe the line rusted out after sitting in the same spot for 2 years. No leaks while the truck has been parked just started after I gotten started. Also the rear passenger break line is leaking. But I know what I need to do, and that's dump more money into it because now I KNOW it's worth it. So I ordered the stock intake, rear view mirror, drivers mirror. Why did the car start with out the pcm or Ecu whatever you want to call it programed? And I'm still going to have my friend hook it up to his computer to "program" it but what exactly does that do or mean?
I'm answering my own question, I guess. But the ecu/pcm has someone elses Vin, so it has to be flashed in order to have my Vin. Any other reasons for this? Please enlighten me
Old May 22nd, 2017, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Okokokok

So it's been quite a while now. The truck is up and running. I STILL haven't had the ecu/pcm programmed because for some reason I can't communicate with it. I still need a radio (going with aftermarket as oem seem like a joke having to take it to the dealer for service) heat ac control the high side or discharge side of the AC line and a headlight wiring harness. I have the window switch but I'm having trouble getting a wiring diagram. Any help out there? Car runs and drives good, feels a bit sluggish but I'm guessing after programing it should run better. Any info would always help
Old May 23rd, 2017, 5:13 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anydawg
So it's been quite a while now. The truck is up and running. I STILL haven't had the ecu/pcm programmed because for some reason I can't communicate with it. I still need a radio (going with aftermarket as oem seem like a joke having to take it to the dealer for service) heat ac control the high side or discharge side of the AC line and a headlight wiring harness. I have the window switch but I'm having trouble getting a wiring diagram. Any help out there? Car runs and drives good, feels a bit sluggish but I'm guessing after programming it should run better. Any info would always help
Using the OBDII connector is protected by a fuse. Check them and see if that is your problem. You can subscribe to alldata.com to get the wiring diagrams or if you are lucky you might find them in GMupfitter.com

Search this Thread