Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2018, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement

Hello Tracker Owners. New to this Forum. Can anyone please tell me the steps to replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor in my 2003 Tracker ZR2 V6 engine? Also where can I buy a service manual, prefer the actual book. Thanks everyone.
Old February 4th, 2018, 2:31 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by 03ZR2V6
Hello Tracker Owners. New to this Forum. Can anyone please tell me the steps to replacing the Camshaft Position Sensor in my 2003 Tracker ZR2 V6 engine? Also where can I buy a service manual, prefer the actual book. Thanks everyone.
Actual books on repair are becoming obsolete these days it would seem..
Old February 4th, 2018, 8:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

There is one on Ebay but it is expensive.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...anual&_sacat=0
Old February 4th, 2018, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Thanks oilcanhenry. I'm old school,I prefer the book.
Thanks oldchevy,I saw that. Don't know why they are expensive.
Now I just need the proper steps to changing the camshaft position sensor,please help.
Thanks all
Old February 6th, 2018, 8:54 PM
CF Beginner

OK I screwed up today. I managed to get 1 of the 2 torx screws out and yes I got the easy one out and I managed to screw up the one at the bottom and rounded the torx screw. Is there a way of removing the torx screw out without having to remove the intake? Those torx screws were really tight and I had a little trouble in getting the easy one out. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all
Old April 16th, 2018, 8:05 PM
CF Beginner

Finally got the Camshaft position sensor replaced also changed the valve cover gaskets and the intake gaskets. Problem now is, I need to set the timing properly as it's not running right. I get a bit of a hesitation from a stop position and also got a flashing service engine soon after about 30-45 minutes of driving and got a pending P0300 code . I think it has something to do with the timing. How do I set the timing? Please help. Thank you all
Old April 23rd, 2018, 8:04 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default YouTube!

Originally Posted by 03ZR2V6
OK I screwed up today. I managed to get 1 of the 2 torx screws out and yes I got the easy one out and I managed to screw up the one at the bottom and rounded the torx screw. Is there a way of removing the torx screw out without having to remove the intake? Those torx screws were really tight and I had a little trouble in getting the easy one out. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all
It may sound silly, but you won’t believe how much good info is available on YouTube that addresses car problems and fixes. If you can’t find a fix right away, change up your search words and try again. I have had amazing success finding answers to problems, even rounded screw heads. Good luck!