Tracker 1989-2004
This compact SUV proved itself to be a fine ecnomical vehicle, good for making its way along any type of surface.
Platform: CAMI (Suzuki)

New to the Tracker world

Old June 20th, 2017, 4:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Tracker world

Ok, so about 2mths ago I bought a 99' Chevy tracker off craigslist for $700. I didn't have to put anything into it to drive it. Yes it needs work, but from a little research I've done, it seems like what I have is not normal. It's a 2dr convertiable, auto with the 4WD option that is powered by the 2.0L L4 16v motor. Can anyone tell me more info about these things? I also read that they are geared low.... My plans are to make it a little rock crawler, but not to the extreme. A 4" lift, bigger tires, rocker slides and a littler more, but you guys have the idea. I'm just looking for info on these things and where to start with the mods.
Old October 4th, 2017, 12:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like no one is responding. I have the same vehicle and bought it for about the same cash. I just need to do front brakes and repair the rockers. The brakes are seemingly a breeze as they are disc. I don't know a thing more about the vehicle as I have yet to register it.
But it does seem to run strong. Some squeaks and other things that old cars have.
This is going to be my winter beater. I live in Massachusetts so this is vital as my other car is a BMW convertible rear wheel drive.
With the little info I have found, looks like parts are readily available thru Amazon and other parts stores.
It would be good to find some kind of manual. If you know of a location please pass that along.
Old October 4th, 2017, 1:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Look on Ebay. The manuals are there.

Search this Thread