TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

2005 Trialblazer stalls while driving

Search this Thread

Old October 15th, 2017, 7:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Trialblazer stalls while driving

I have a 2005 Trailblazer v6. If I use the truck each day I have no issues. If the truck sits for 4-5 days the next time I start it up it seems fine but within a few blocks of driving (1-2 minutes)the engine starts to sputter and lose power. If I take my foot off the gas it will stall. If I press the gas to the floor it still sputters and will not increase in speed or RPM and actually starts to slow down due to the sputtering, but it does not stall with the pedal to the floor. Once the truck is up to temperature just shy of 210 and runs for a few minutes at temp, all is ok. I can park it come back 4 hours later all is ok. The next day all is ok but if 4-5 days go by I have the issue again.

I thought it might be bad gas so I filled it half way with Exxon Super and a bottle of Dry gas. Did not help. Next I filled it half way with Shell Premium and a bottle of Gumout fuel injector cleaner and have the same problem. Any suggestions on what it could be??
Old October 22nd, 2017, 7:16 PM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might try cleaning the throttle body which requires pulling the throttle body off the engine and thoroughly cleaning and also resetting the pcm by pulling the fuses for 30 minutes .