Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   TrailBlazer (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/)
-   -   Ac not working (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/ac-not-working-95946/)

Harley75 June 15th, 2019 3:55 PM

Ac not working

Compressor runs worked a few days ago now hot air out of all vents no cold air

oilcanhenry June 15th, 2019 8:53 PM

Originally Posted by Harley75 (Post 429919)
Compressor runs worked a few days ago now hot air out of all vents no cold air

Do you you have any R134A pressures at all? Magnetic clutch working?

Harley75 June 16th, 2019 5:08 AM

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry (Post 429931)
Do you you have any R134A pressures at all? Magnetic clutch working?

Has the right amout of freon in it the only thing i did was the other day was chilly so i bumped the control for warm air then after that now no ac.I even tried to do a reset pull the fuse compressor cycles like it should hit the ac botton and it comes on got about 37-39psi

oilcanhenry June 16th, 2019 6:01 AM

Originally Posted by Harley75 (Post 429947)
Has the right amout of freon in it the only thing i did was the other day was chilly so i bumped the control for warm air then after that now no ac.I even tried to do a reset pull the fuse compressor cycles like it should hit the ac botton and it comes on got about 37-39psi

Thats the low-side. Are either A/C tubes getting cold or hot? Might be a restriction of some kind.

Might also be a stuck heater control valve as well.

Harley75 June 16th, 2019 6:27 AM

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry (Post 429948)
Thats the low-side. Are either A/C tubes getting cold or hot? Might be a restriction of some kind.

Where is the heater control valve what controls from hot to cold

Harley75 June 16th, 2019 9:33 AM

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry (Post 429948)

Think i found it got some acpro now shot some in to it got to 35psi waited 5minutes it droped back down to 25psi now if i had a bad leak like that i would see a small cloud of white i think it was just that low.So going to.check it everyday for 2 days if it holds at 25psi then it was low low on freon.

oilcanhenry June 16th, 2019 9:37 AM

Originally Posted by Harley75 (Post 429950)
Where is the heater control valve what controls from hot to cold

If you have a traditional heater control valve it will be located near where the heater lines enter the firewall. Things have changed and since I am not familiar with the Trailblazer
its possible that its elsewhere. Might want to make sure that your heater/AC actuators are working properly as well.

Harley75 June 16th, 2019 2:38 PM

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry (Post 429966)
If you have a traditional heater control valve it will be located near where the heater lines enter the firewall. Things have changed and since I am not familiar with the Trailblazer
its possible that its elsewhere. Might want to make sure that your heater/AC actuators are working properly as well.

What should the low side read the whole system calls for 2.65 pounds right now reads 40psi with it being 80deg here.But inside temp is 68.5 not right something going on

oilcanhenry June 16th, 2019 9:27 PM

Originally Posted by Harley75 (Post 429995)
What should the low side read the whole system calls for 2.65 pounds right now reads 40psi with it being 80deg here.But inside temp is 68.5 not right something going on

At 80 F and depending on humidity, 35-40 PSI on the low side is normal. High side should be at 175-210 PSI depending on the system. Do you have access to an A/C gauge set? Also a can of leak detector dye might be a good idea. Outlet temps on a good system will be 45 F or less.

Harley75 June 17th, 2019 4:21 AM

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry (Post 430019)
At 80 F and depending on humidity, 35-40 PSI on the low side is normal. High side should be at 175-210 PSI depending on the system. Do you have access to an A/C gauge set? Also a can of leak detector dye might be a good idea. Outlet temps on a good system will be 45 F or less.

Inside temp 68.5 might have.a clog