Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   TrailBlazer (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/)
-   -   Blower Motor will not spin on ANY speeds (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/blower-motor-will-not-spin-any-speeds-96193/)

Wes Tripple July 2nd, 2019 1:08 PM

Blower Motor will not spin on ANY speeds

Hello, I have a 2006 Trailblazer LS 4WD. Two weeks ago my blow motor stopped spinning during a long drive. It will not spin on any speeds (1,2,3,4,5). I replaced the blower motor, tested the fuse, replaced the blower motor resistor, and then checked for a ground issue by running a wire from the resistor to ground. None of these have fixed my problem. I have confirmed that there is an issue that current is not getting to my blower motor for some reason. However, the ground seems to be okay, and the fuse is not blown. Could it be the switch in the dash? Could the switch have gone bad and not be giving current to the motor? Any thoughts and ideas greatly appreciated.

tech2 July 2nd, 2019 5:19 PM

auto or manual system?
they are wired completely different

Wes Tripple July 2nd, 2019 5:28 PM

It is a manual system

tech2 July 2nd, 2019 8:21 PM

verify these fuses are good:
-underhood fuse block fuse #35 blower fuse 40 amp
-rear fuse block under back seat #44 hvac fuse 30 amp

if both are good; find the blower resistor...unplug the connector to the resistor, turn the key to run, blower motor on high
-there should be battery voltage on the red wire and orange wire; do you have that?

BlazedBlazer July 7th, 2019 7:52 AM

I've tried everything listed here and nothing has worked. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

tech2 July 7th, 2019 11:48 AM

post the result of the check for power on the red and orange wires

this hvac module has diagnostic capabilities....did you check for body codes with a full function scan tool?

BlazedBlazer July 7th, 2019 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tech2 (Post 431255)
post the result of the check for power on the red and orange wires

this hvac module has diagnostic capabilities....did you check for body codes with a full function scan tool?

I don't have access to the truck right now but when I connected the volt meter to it and the negative to the black wire I would get 12 volts. Also, I replaced the wiring and when the red and black wire (accidentally) touched, they sparked which shows they are live. I'm unsure where else to go ..

I do have an OBDII reader but only code the car throws is a P1400 which is unrelated.

tech2 July 7th, 2019 4:49 PM

code reader can't access body codes.

check both wires I have mentioned and report back.

Wes Tripple August 10th, 2019 2:09 PM

Mine was a fuse

So i fixed my problem by replacing the fuse under the rear seat. However, the fuse blows out every time I put the A/C knob on the 5-speed. So there is some issue with the sperate wire that attaches speed five.