TrailBlazer 2002-2009
2023- The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

faulty fuel pump? ignition problems?

Search this Thread

Old November 14th, 2007, 10:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default faulty fuel pump? ignition problems?

Hello,

I have a 2005 Trailblazer with 45k miles. I have noticed a whining soundcoming from the fuel tank during startupover the last couple weeks and immediately suspected the fuel pump was going out. To add to the whining noise, over the last 2-3 days the car would not start on the first attempt but would start after a second try. Yesterday it would not start at all. It would crankover and all of the gauges were working but no start.

After several atempts to start the car, it would no longer crank or shift out of park. I suspected a possible relay problem in the fuse box under the hood and I replaced the starter relay. This allowed the car to crank and shift out of park once; however, when the tow arrived it would not crank or shift out of park. Tinkering with the same relay in hopes of it cranking/shifting was to no avail.

I checked of the battery connections whichrevealed all cables to be tight and secure.

I have a new fuel pump on the way but I am now wondering if I have a different problem, possibly with a relay or ingnition module.

If anybody has any ideas as to what might be causing these problems I would greatly appreciate your advice.

-JC