TrailBlazer 2002-2009
The TrailBlazer, originally introduced as an upscale Blazer, was produced from 2002 to 2008 with a powerful I6 engine and with a monster V8 offered in the Trailblazer SS
Platform: GMT 305, 360, & 370.

ignition key stuck in on position and can not turn car off

Old February 21st, 2018, 1:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ignition key stuck in on position and can not turn car off

I have a 2010 Chevy Aveo LS (manual) and the ignition key stuck in ON position and can not turn the car off without disconnecting Battery cables. I was told that the Ignition Cylinder needs to be replaced but I'm finding out that I cannot remove the old one because I cannot get the key to turn to the ACC position in order to remove it. Please Help.
Shawn
Old February 21st, 2018, 10:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this helps, but I'm having the same issue with my 2012 Chevy cruze I discovered a hole in steering wheel right below that contains a switch that manually overrides the security lock feature . I still haven't found out what's causing it. But at least I can take my key out.
Old February 22nd, 2018, 7:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for response. I was told about that feature but was also told by the Chevy Dealer that It will not work if the key is stuck in the on position. However, I have not personally tried locating it too see if it works. I will, however, see if I can locate it today. Thanks again for your response.

Search this Thread