Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   TrailBlazer (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/)
-   -   New girl on here. Need a little help (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/trailblazer-27/new-girl-here-need-little-help-74062/)

Kotybear9 August 19th, 2015 11:40 AM

New girl on here. Need a little help

2004 chevy trailblazer ext 4.3lt 6 cylinder, 155000 miles. I bought it 2 years ago from a dealership. 1 week later it broke down from fuel issues. They replaced the fuel pump and the fuel sensor. Yesterday it would crank but not start. Immediately thought a fuel issue (fuel pump again! ) last night I was able to get it to start but if I gave it gas or shifted it into gear it would spudder out and die. A few of the times when I started it up it would backfire. Thank you so much in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

vipergg22 August 19th, 2015 5:03 PM

tb

If its backfiring you need to get the codes read to see what is going on . Any MIL lights ? If its backfiring I also would not drive it too far , this could cause additional problems .

Kotybear9 August 24th, 2015 7:01 PM

No lights on at all. I can't drive it period cuz its not getting gas to the engine. It will start and run as long as there is starting fluid being sprayed into the intake but also by doing that the insulation from the catalytic convertor started blowing out the exhaust. Thinking I'll have no choice but to start with the fuel pump once again

KChevy75 August 24th, 2015 7:24 PM

Check the pressure at the fuel rail first to see if it's within spec.

William Ticker September 5th, 2015 2:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kotybear9 (Post 307099)
2004 chevy trailblazer ext 4.3lt 6 cylinder, 155000 miles. I bought it 2 years ago from a dealership. 1 week later it broke down from fuel issues. They replaced the fuel pump and the fuel sensor. Yesterday it would crank but not start. Immediately thought a fuel issue (fuel pump again! ) last night I was able to get it to start but if I gave it gas or shifted it into gear it would spudder out and die. A few of the times when I started it up it would backfire. Thank you so much in advance. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is it backfiring through the intake or the exhaust.,?
You definitely need to see what codes are coming up.
Then i would check the fuel pressure regulator to give you a place to start..
Your having some kind timing issue if its backfiring through the intake. Good luck

Kotybear9 September 12th, 2015 12:50 PM

Replaced fuel pump ran just fine for about 2 weeks. Just made a 500 mile round trip got home and 4 days later its stalling out acting like its not getting gas but in turn it smells like its flooding with gas. No check engine lights are on. Idle rpm is at 1000 push on the gas while in park it will only go to 3500 rpms then smells like firecrackers

tech2 September 12th, 2015 7:59 PM

if you are out of ideas, for giggles...
although not all the symptoms fit...I was thinking clogged cat. remove the precat o2 sensor front the exhaust and run the engine.