Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

2018 Traverse

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2018, 6:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 Traverse

Brand New Traverse with only 7000 miles, appears transmission is gone. Car won’t engage in 2WD or AWD and rolls when shifted into park; HEAVY Grinding when it tries to engage. Was On vacation in Maryland, have returned to NY.
car still at Dealer in Maryland to be looked at tomorrow.
Will Chevy transport car back to NY or will I need to get a lawyer involved?
Any experience or opinions?
Old July 2nd, 2018, 9:58 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they are under obligation to warranty the broken transmission. The manufacturer will pay to have it towed to the nearest dealer for repair. They will pay for a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired. Anything more than that, your gonna have to work it out. Post the result.
Old July 6th, 2018, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Very Frustrating! At this point the Chevy Dealer where the car is put me in a Nissan Sentra and no one is being very cooperative to put me in a “Like” vehicle.
Chevy Dealer where Car was towed to tells me there is a “Broken Axel” and the part has to come from factory in Michigan. There goes another week.
And the Dealer where the car was leased really isn’t doing much either.
Should have bought a Japanese Car!!!
Old July 6th, 2018, 9:53 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like they are doing all they can. They found the problem, ordered the part. put you in a rental vehicle at no charge.
the dealership can't stock every part for every vehicle. The dealership can't control what cars the rental agency has available. the dealer where you bought the car can't do anything when the car is at another shop.

Is this your first car?? ...what you are reporting is standard procedure for every manufacturer. I've worked at Nissan, gm, dodge and its all the same. I don't know how you think it should work but feel free to explain what you think should be happening.
Old July 15th, 2018, 9:20 AM
CF Junior Member

I have found it is always best to call GM when in this type of situation, they have always been great to work with.
Old July 15th, 2018, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

I have spent more than 25 yrs working in the service industry; I expect the same level of service that’s so afford to others, anything short is unacceptable. GM is a 52 Billion $$ company, and needs to conduct business as so. It’s patrons are the reason for their success. These Patrons are not just numbers but should be recognized as valued patrons.
I have reached a very satisfactory resolution w/ GM; but the Hoops I had to jump through and the actions that I had to take to get there were way Too Difficult. It should be they’re Standard. They have a fabulous product and they just need to be more cognizant of the Customer and more diligent in their communications, Sensitivities and overall Customer Care.
I am a happy Chevrolet Consumer at the “End of the Day”!
Old July 16th, 2018, 1:26 AM
Super Moderator

Tell the story; what hoops did they make you jump through? What was the poor level of service? No need to list your resume. What occurred that was so bad that made you threaten legal action? You haven't posted anything so far that indicates bad customer service.
Old July 16th, 2018, 6:26 PM
CF Junior Member

One thing I have found over the last many years is I have had to fight with my dealers more than GM, dealer would give me run the around and then I call GM and usually the next day dealer is calling me willing to do what I pushed for originally.
Old July 16th, 2018, 9:49 PM
Super Moderator

the dealer can only warranty what the manufacturer allows. The manufacturers love to find reasons to reject claims. So if a customer can make gm cover it...the dealer won't get a charge back.

when the dealer says its not covered...its because that is gm's guideline the dealer is following.
Old July 17th, 2018, 4:44 AM
CF Beginner

After working with GM, the issue has been resolved to my satisfaction. My real discontent is with the lack of communication from both Dealers. The one where I leased it in NY and the one where repairs were made in Maryland. Now I am a satisfied customer.