Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Clunking sound in Traverse when turning on bright lights

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2020, 11:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clunking sound in Traverse when turning on bright lights

Have a 2020 Traverse that makes a clunking sound when manually turning on the bright lights. My wife has the same car, same year, and it doesn't make that sound. Took it into Transwest dealership in Henderson CO. The service guy said it was supposed to sound like that. I explained that my wife's car doesn't make that sound and he said something may be wrong with her car. .???
Old May 28th, 2020, 11:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse1
Have a 2020 Traverse that makes a clunking sound when manually turning on the bright lights. My wife has the same car, same year, and it doesn't make that sound. Took it into Transwest dealership in Henderson CO. The service guy said it was supposed to sound like that. I explained that my wife's car doesn't make that sound and he said something may be wrong with her car. .???
That's an odd one for sure. Where exactly do you think the clunking sound is coming from?

Services guys are not always even mechanics or techs, so I wouldn't put much faith in what they say, BTW.
Old May 29th, 2020, 12:25 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
That's an odd one for sure. Where exactly do you think the clunking sound is coming from?

Services guys are not always even mechanics or techs, so I wouldn't put much faith in what they say, BTW.
I believe the sound is coming from the front of the car from around the headlight / transmission area even though the clunkinig sound is fairly audible inside the car. Thanks for the info on the service people, makes sense Just thought they were being lazy.