Traverse Chevrolet's full size Crossover. Introduced in the model year 2009, the Traverse is a stylish and highly fuel efficient cross between a powerful SUV and a spacious minivan.

2014 Chevrolet Traverse
Platform: Lambda

Never again will I own a traverse

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2018, 1:07 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never again will I own a traverse

I have a 2010 Traverse with just over 106k miles. I have owned it for just over 4 years. 6 months after I bought it the problems started. 1 year into owning the vehicle the engine went and had to be replaced. I had 3 oil changes prior to this. Since then it has been on problem after another, thermostat, rack and pinion, water pump, hood latch.. about 4 months ago the engine light came on and then went off. It came on again and I got the timing chain and throttle body codes. Right after that I was driving home a short distance and the car went crazy. The stabili track and traction control lights came on and then it was in reduced power mode. I parked it and haven’t drove it since. I was able to start the car but it would shut down in less than a minute. The battery went dead so I replaced that and unfortunately it still won’t stay running. My local Chevy dealer said they can’t replace the throttle body unless the code comes up and since I replaced the battery there are NO codes. Called Chevy and they are no help at all. No one can even tell me where the replacement engine came from!!! So annoying, now when I start it the radio sounds like it’s under water. I can’t keep putting this amount of money into a vehicle that isn’t reliable and with all the past repairs I could have paid it off twice! With the weird electrical issues I don’t even know where to start. Anyone have this issue and had a successful repair?