Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Traverse (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/)
-   -   Radio doesn't turn off with opening the door (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/radio-doesnt-turn-off-opening-door-37228/)

Chamba February 28th, 2020 3:21 PM

2020 Silverado Duramax

I have a 2020 Silverado Duramax which just started doing this.

Sam Marie May 8th, 2020 9:43 PM

2019 Chevrolet Spark with same problem!

Originally Posted by ImBadness (Post 161834)
I am having a terrible time with my radio...when I turn off the engine and open the door the radio still plays. I have to start the car 2 or 3 times before it will finally do what it is supposed to do. Has anyone had this problem with their Traverse? and what did you do about it?

I have a 2019 Chevrolet Spark and starting today the radio won’t turn off when I open and close the car. I’ve never had this problem before.

tankman May 9th, 2020 9:45 AM

I just installed a software update on my 2019 Premier (through the airwaves) and the problem has gone away.
Get an update done folks...…..
Tankman

Nick Miller July 23rd, 2020 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by tankman (Post 447338)
I just installed a software update on my 2019 Premier (through the airwaves) and the problem has gone away.
Get an update done folks...…..
Tankman

So you got the Onstar update just by pressing the Blue Onstar button and asking them to send an update?

tankman July 23rd, 2020 11:34 AM

Not Onstar - the update was shown on the head unit, I have Bose with Navigation etc. Try looking in settings somewhere for software update. Good luck.

Jeff Spiess September 19th, 2020 7:34 PM

2017 Traverse - same issue

This started to happen to me last weekend. Earlier today it was still playing after 10 minutes. I need a solution!!

Neal Jarvis December 13th, 2020 12:41 PM

I have a 2019 Chevrolet Cruze with 6000 miles on it after two years. Today I noticed my radio did not turn off with the car or after opening the doors. So I held the off button in to turn it off manually. Only it seems to still show the time and link to my phone. What is up with this? Anyone else suffer this issue? What could be the sudden cause of this. I would not want to find a dead battery as a result of this.

John Yannotta March 23rd, 2021 3:30 PM

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service (Post 281160)
Hi deebo,

Sorry to hear of your frustrations! I see you are seeking the opinion of other forum members; however, we would be happy to get you in contact with your local dealership for further technical advice. Please let us know if we can be of assistance.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

same issue here its a huge inconvenience

robinspiess January 10th, 2022 2:37 PM

I have taken my 2020 Traverse to my dealership, Dale Willey in Bonner Springs, Kansas, twice for this problem. It still is not fixed. What should I do now?

Rafysonic May 20th, 2022 6:07 AM

Radio still on.

if its any help for anyone. I have the same problem. I have a vhevy Sonic 2013. I just cut de red wired and connected to another positive wired that work with the switch. And that all.