Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Traverse (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/)
-   -   Traverse - Dead Battery? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/traverse-dead-battery-26187/)

scottc1k November 8th, 2018 4:16 PM

I wanted to provide an update to my problem. I pulled the 'infotainment' fuse. I believe the 'infotainment' circuit \ module includes the Onstar feature. I thought I read on a thread where Onstar could be an issue with draining batteries when the vehicle turned off. I have left the fuse out for at least 8 months. Since doing so, I have gone the longest so far without any issue. I usually have to replace my battery two times a year with a dead cell. I am coming up on 1 year in December being the last time I replaced my battery.

scottc1k November 8th, 2018 4:44 PM

I wanted to add.. I didn't drive the car for 3 days in a row recently. To my surprise, the car started after sitting for 3 days. In the past, I could have never let the car sit for more than 1 day without the battery being drained. Looking like infotainment module may be culprit. I didn't really notice any loss in features by pulling the fuse. Radio has it's own fuse.

Stangcrazy December 21st, 2019 1:15 AM

2009 Traverse Battery issues

Bought the car used. LOVE this vehicle. Purchased the extended warranty. Dead battery, transmission, seat heater, driver electric mirror and some other items. Continue to have dead battery issues if not driven about every three days. Now having problems with my passenger electric mirror and my passenger seat heater isn't working. Have had the locked steering wheel unable to get the key out. Seems like so many electrical problems. Just had timing belt, transmission work and can't remember what else. Will try the infotainment fuse first.

Bruce Wallace March 25th, 2021 5:03 PM

Wheres the 'infotainment' fuse located? Please and thank you.

scottc1k March 26th, 2021 1:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce Wallace (Post 462603)
Wheres the 'infotainment' fuse located? Please and thank you.

it is in fuse box under dash under glove compartment. Check manual to determine exact location i.e fuse number to pull. We still have the issue but it is not as bad as it was. During winter months we have to drive the car more. No issues during warmer months. Couldn’t go a whole week without driving though.

FinestChunk August 31st, 2023 8:04 AM

Isn't it hilarious..

Where the high schoolers work and nobody cares about your vehicle.

DO NOT EVER take your car to the dealer if you care about it.

Aside from that, my local dealer wanted 2,400 dollars to do spark plugs bahaha. Took me 20 mins.

Thanks for actually doing some investigating and finding out.
Chevy is the biggest joke/scam to walk the earth.
THIS CAR LEFT ME STRANDED IN UTAH. all because of some trash xm / on star crap.

[Edited. -mod]

charlesjs3718 April 11th, 2024 10:44 PM

I’m having the same issue

Originally Posted by soontobestranded (Post 283206)
After 2 years of putting up with Traverse dying. GM finally paid up. They sent me a check for a more than fair price, they also paid my lawyer pretty handsomely too. The seventh time it was in the shop, they did find an Onstar module intermittently drawing power and replaced it. That seemed to fix it but we were already deep into our lawsuit. My wife absolutely loves her Explorer.:)

who did u contact as a lawyer because I’m still making payments on mine as well and the dealer can’t seem to find what’s wrong with it

mountainmanjoe April 11th, 2024 10:58 PM

@charlesjs3718 That person hasn't been here in sixteen years.

scottc1k April 30th, 2024 5:38 PM

Originally Posted by charlesjs3718 (Post 502528)
who did u contact as a lawyer because I’m still making payments on mine as well and the dealer can’t seem to find what’s wrong with it

I wanted to thank you for posting this message. It looks like it may have resolved this issue for me. Based on the OnStar comment posted, I called my mechanic and he said the Onstar is in fact a known issue. My mechanic said to pull the Onstar fuse. It is located on the negative battery terminal lead that connects to the battery. There is a little black box on the negative lead and you just pull it out of that black box. There is a YouTube video on it as well. After pulling it, I noticed the onstar light on my mirror did go out. Since then I have been taking voltage readings on my battery and they have been holding steady at 12.5 volts. So this is looking like the solution. I called the dealer as well and they mentioned replacing the onstar module for $750. They never mentioned pulling the fuse as an option. So apparently my other posts about onstar being on the infotainment fuse was incorrect. Onstar has its own fuse.