Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Traverse (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/)
-   -   Traverse - Key off but radio still on? (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/traverse-63/traverse-key-off-but-radio-still-48051/)

Kelly Dahl Wallander January 23rd, 2012 8:10 AM

Traverse - Key off but radio still on?

Recently when I turn of my 2010 Traverse and open the door, i noticed the radio stays on. I have to open and close the door several times before the radio will go off and sometimes even that doesn't work. This morning it was hard to start.

Has anyone else heard of this happening?

Chevrolet Customer Service January 23rd, 2012 9:30 AM

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Kelly Dahl Wallander,

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience with your radio on your Traverse. Do the chimes come on when you open the door? If they don't, it may be an ignition switch issue. If they do, it may be a door switch issue. These are just suggestions, it is not a diagnosis.

I encourage you to take the vehicle in for an inspection. A certified technician will be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service

Kelly Dahl Wallander April 8th, 2012 2:06 PM

First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.

gredden August 9th, 2012 8:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly Dahl Wallander (Post 212137)
First dealership was not able to duplicate the problem. I took it to a second dealership and they had no problem identifying the problem. The diagnosis was a faulty door switch. Part has been replaced, so far so good.

I am having the same issue. Do you happen to know the part number that was used?

Chris Dilts June 19th, 2020 8:44 AM

I have the same issue just as described here with 2015 Traverse. WHEN WILL GM ISSUE RECALL. not happy!!!!! Known problem over and over yet no recall.

tech2 June 19th, 2020 8:49 AM

it has to be a safety issue to generate a recall. if you pay to have it fixed; save the receipt. if gm ever issues a customer satisfaction initiative (highly unlikely) , you may be eligible for a reimbursement.

Chris Dilts June 19th, 2020 9:04 AM

what a HORRIBLE response by customer service. pay a couple hundred for repair and we might pay you back but not likely. I have 4 Chevy's in my driveway right now. Time to make a change! Every single car I have owned have been GM going back to my '74 nova! I need to re-think this......