Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Need help with passenger window safe

Search this Thread

Old June 9th, 2018, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with passenger window safe

Hey everyone,

Allthough my car isn't a Trax, it's pretty similar, it's a Tracker 2016, i have an issue with the windows, specifically on a passenger one, in which when i roll up the window with the automatic function, it goes all the way up and then rolls down midway, this is caused by the window jamming protection, in case there is someones arm or something, my problem is that it always gets triggered so i can't close the window properly, any ideas on how to disengage this mechanism or other that would fix the problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Jean
Old June 10th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

did this start after a battery disconnect? you can try to relearn the anti-pinch function. Not sure for your vehcle...try this
-window up
-put window down all the way...(do not release the switch) continue holding the switch in the down position for 5seconds after the window is fully down
-put the window all the way up..continue holding the switch up 5 sec
repeat down
-repeat up
Old June 10th, 2018, 4:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
did this start after a battery disconnect? you can try to relearn the anti-pinch function. Not sure for your vehcle...try this
-window up
-put window down all the way...(do not release the switch) continue holding the switch in the down position for 5seconds after the window is fully down
-put the window all the way up..continue holding the switch up 5 sec
repeat down
-repeat up

Hey Tech2, thx for the reply, and great to know the functions name, unfortunately i tried what you said and it did not work, so i will keep on researching.

thx!

J