Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2020, 5:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife's car is exactly the same in the back. Amd also driver side above headlight. Will post pics.
Old August 29th, 2020, 5:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robin Tearman
I bought a Blue

Drivers side back

Under back window

Passenger side of hood

Driver side of hood bubbling
2015 Chevy trax end of Nov 2019 with 64,000 miles. In Feb the paint started coming off while in the driveway! I contacted the dealer and was pushed aside due to the covid19. Now paint is coming off under the back window and both sides of my hood. Guess I'm not alone with paint peeling!
Same as my wife. Now the car is throwing all kind of codes and all. It just hit 40k.

The following users liked this post:
Ktchaos (June 19th, 2021)
Old November 3rd, 2020, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Gloria

It’s obvious there’s a problem with the blue paint. I have a 2015 Chevy Trax same color blue and it just began peeling three days ago. I was told there was nothing they could do because the bumper to bumper warranty has expired.

After my original post I took my vehicle to 2 body shops to get a quote on how much it would be to repair this. Before saying anything else both made the comment, “this is a paint defect.” Both recommend I get in touch with GM about this. I’m trying to get this taken care of. Maybe if GM start receiving more calls about this paint issue, they will realize there’s a problem with this blue paint.

Last edited by Gloria Walton-Martin; November 8th, 2020 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Spoke with body shops on issue
The following 3 users liked this post by Gloria Walton-Martin:
Ktchaos (June 19th, 2021), rbabich (March 25th, 2024), Sue Kook (June 20th, 2021)
Old November 5th, 2020, 8:33 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks bad. If you lived somewhere hot and the car was parked outdoors, exposing it to the intense heat of the sun, maybe you can justify the paint peeling. But if that's not the case, I guess its just a bad paint job.
Old November 5th, 2020, 8:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 677 Likes on 613 Posts

There are many places with lots of blazing sun. That is not an excuse for paint peeling after one year.
Old January 5th, 2021, 8:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Chevrolet Trax

It seems to be on the blue cars! My car is horrible, a year or so after experiencing this is my car bubbles, then pops, then peel. My paint has job has worsen it's on the trunk, the hood, everywhere. It started off in the back it's a horrible paint defect. But it seems to me as if GM DON'T WANT TO TAKE OWNERSHIP. If we all stick together something is going to give. After speaking months with a executive rep i was offered 2500 dollars to go on a new car. i'm at work when i get off i'm going to take new pictures of how how bad my paint is peeling off my car!
The following 2 users liked this post by Brittany Pope:
Gloria Walton-Martin (January 5th, 2021), Ktchaos (June 19th, 2021)
Old January 5th, 2021, 8:52 AM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

i live in Florida but even the way the paint is peeling it's a paint defect most def! i had a guy test my paint and tell me yes, it's a defect but GM told me no it''s not. I'm noting the issue is with the blue cars. same color, same location!
The following 2 users liked this post by Brittany Pope:
Gloria Walton-Martin (January 5th, 2021), Ktchaos (June 19th, 2021)
Old January 5th, 2021, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Reply

I totally agree. We all must continue to complain about this problem. GM WILL NOT TAKE OWNERSHIP. I got a quote on how much it would be to have this taken care of its over $600. GM told me they would give me $50.00 toward the repair or give me a $2000 on the purchase of a new car. That's a joke.

Originally Posted by Brittany Pope
It seems to be on the blue cars! My car is horrible, a year or so after experiencing this is my car bubbles, then pops, then peel. My paint has job has worsen it's on the trunk, the hood, everywhere. It started off in the back it's a horrible paint defect. But it seems to me as if GM DON'T WANT TO TAKE OWNERSHIP. If we all stick together something is going to give. After speaking months with a executive rep i was offered 2500 dollars to go on a new car. i'm at work when i get off i'm going to take new pictures of how how bad my paint is peeling off my car!
Old January 6th, 2021, 10:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Autumn Sandlin
This fall, the paint started peeling under the rear window in my 2016 Chevy Trax. No scratches or dents or dings where the paint started peeling. It just started cracking and then p

eeled off in 2 big chunks. Anyone had any problems with their paint?

yes, mine is on the hood now the back under the window is starting. Mine is also a blue 2016 trax. Its defective paint but for some reason GMC isn't acknowledging it.
Old March 2nd, 2021, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SherryLyn

yes, mine is on the hood now the back under the window is starting. Mine is also a blue 2016 trax. Its defective paint but for some reason GMC isn't acknowledging it.
Chevy

Quick Reply: Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax