Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2022, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Small claims court or class action?

GM and Chevy will do nothing about my Trax either, so now what? Anyone know a good class action lawyer?
How to start a class action lawsuit
The following users liked this post:
Yaya (May 8th, 2022)
Old January 25th, 2022, 2:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue paint flaking 2015 trax

Originally Posted by Autumn Sandlin
This fall, the paint started peeling under the rear window in my 2016 Chevy Trax. No scratches or dents or dings where the paint started peeling. It just started cracking and then p

eeled off in 2 big chunks. Anyone had any problems with their paint?
mine is flaking also 2015 Chevy trax
Old January 25th, 2022, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Blue paint flaking 2015 trax

This fall, the paint started peeling under the rear window in my 2016 Chevy Trax. No scratches or dents or dings where the paint started peeling. It just started cracking and then p

Old January 25th, 2022, 3:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by al beacher
Yep! Same problem...also 2015. Please make a complaint to GM and Chevy. They don't believe it's an issue but it's important for it to be documented. I'm considering taking mine to small claims court if nothing else.
Tclark2472 (February 27th, 2022)
Old January 28th, 2022, 9:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default Latest email from GM (final)

Originally Posted by jchristian95
GM and Chevy will do nothing about my Trax either, so now what? Anyone know a good class action lawyer?
How to start a class action lawsuit
Here's the most recent and final email from the GM Customer Care person that's been communicating with me...

Hi, Jessica. While I cannot comment on another customer's case, it is important to point out that no two customer situations are exactly the same. I want to assure you that Chevrolet reviews each situation on a case by case basis to determine the most appropriate resolution. There are many key factors that determine a resolution. Some factors include age/mileage of the vehicle, previous repair history, customer out of pocket expenses, dealer maintenance history, and purchase loyalty. Our apologies if we fell short of your expectations. As mentioned, we have ensured all possible avenues of assistance were explored. Please know, the previous resolution given regarding your complaint for the paint concerns of your Trax stands as final. We recognize your dissatisfaction and have documented your feedback within our systems. If you have any new vehicle concerns, send us a message and our team is happy to assist.

Have a nice day.
Troy T.
GM Customer Care
Old February 26th, 2022, 11:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default Paint peeling on my 2016 Chevy Trax

Last edited by Tclark2472; February 26th, 2022 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Paint peeling
Old February 26th, 2022, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2016 Chevy Trax peeling paint, 43,000 miles on it

I noticed paint peeling under my rear window before I bought and they agreed to paint it. I made sure this was in my paperwork at the signing. This was September 16th 2021...5 months later a bubble appeared on the hood and within a week it started to peel just like under the back window. Had

to be defective paint for that year and model
Old March 4th, 2022, 2:08 PM
SLP
CF Beginner

Default Peeling paint on my blue 2016 Chevy trax

Obviously there is a problem with the blue paint on the Chevy Trax. Why with all the money GM makes selling cars do they not want to address this issue. I have the same problem as paint peeling on my 2016 Chevy Trax. My car was kept under my car port and only has 38,000 miles on it. It’s embarrassing that GM is not paying for paint jobs on these vehicles. When your on a fixed income after you retire you can’t afford $2,000 to $4,000 to repaint a vehicle. I have a 2008 Ford Escape my granddaughter is driving and it looks like a new vehicle compared to my 6 year old Chevy. If this is the way Chevy does business I’ll buy a Ford or Chrysler next time. So sad to say the least. Used to be such a pretty shade of un-peeling blue. Will attach pictures at a later time.
Old March 8th, 2022, 3:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SAME PROBLEM - Peeling on hood and under back window!!

Has anyone gotten any further with the possibly of a recall? There is obviously something wrong when we all are having the same exact peeling with the same color on the same car. I filed a claim with the shop at my local dealership, but they said I won't hear back about it for a few weeks. We've got to do something about this!!!! I don't want to get these two spots fixed for $2,000 just to have it happen in other places later. I have a 2015 Trax with about 64,000 miles and bought it new.​​​​​​​

Lisaann (April 7th, 2022)
Old May 8th, 2022, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

Default Mine is dying the same thing!

my mother and both purchased 2015 check Trax from the same dealer lot. Hers is burgundy, mine us the same blue as yours. They are BOTH peeling paint in random places. Especially the back hatch door. It just started in the past 3 months and coming off rapidly.

Quick Reply: Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax