Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2022, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am having the same issue, but it is also peeling on the hood
Old June 13th, 2022, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Default peeling paint, this is whats going on with my car right now and they want me to pay

paint peeling
Old June 13th, 2022, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Default Class action law suit

I am going to start a class action lawsuit. We should not be having the same issue with the smae make , model, and color Chevy trax. Once it's approved everyone should jump on. They will pay one way or another.
The following 4 users liked this post by valenciak:
Brian bondie (January 26th, 2023), Ellen (October 8th, 2023), Lisaann (July 31st, 2024), mmcgo1 (October 25th, 2022)
Old July 14th, 2022, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi there @valenciak . Are you really starting a class action lawsuit?? I don't want to get my paint fixed if someone is actually doing it. Can you please keep us updated? We are all on the same boat and will back you up!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by kdmeyer22:
Brian bondie (January 26th, 2023), Ellen (October 8th, 2023)
Old August 20th, 2022, 5:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to add my disdain about this whole paint peeling debacle along with photos of my car. Went out to wash it and saw this under the back window.

Old September 20th, 2022, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mine too!

I am here to report, I have the same paint defect that is going on with the Chevy Trax in Brilliant Blue. I have a 2016 with 18,500 miles on it. I noticed it last week under the back windshield. That same day I contacted Chevy costumer service and opened a case. My dealership where I bought the car doesn't do body work so I've contacted the local autobody shop and have an estimate set up for Wednesday.
Old October 24th, 2022, 3:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I contacted Maher Law Firm today to add my car to the database of GM vehicles experiencing paint peeling problems. The Trax is currently not included in the class action lawsuit but if enough Trax owners report the problem to the law firm, they can add it to the lawsuit. (I do not know how many complaints they need).

GM is only offering the dealership $200 to repaint my trunk and I am expected to pay the remaining $800. This is absolutely ridiculous and I will could continue to fight! GM needs to stand behind their products!
The following users liked this post:
mmcgo1 (October 25th, 2022)
Old October 25th, 2022, 5:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default Class Action Law Suit for paint peeling blue Chevy Trax

Originally Posted by Autumn Sandlin
This fall, the paint started peeling under the rear window in my 2016 Chevy Trax. No scratches or dents or dings where the paint started peeling. It just started cracking and then p

eeled off in 2 big chunks. Anyone had any problems with their paint?
having the same issue! Saw on another forum there is a class action law suit being filed against Chevrolet/GM for paint. At this time they don’t have enough reports in their data base of the 2015/2016 Cheney trax for it to be included but the more that call and add themselves, the more likely it is.

If you are having this paint issue, call the Maher law firm 407-839-0866 to be added to their data base.

Old October 25th, 2022, 8:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by valenciak
I am going to start a class action lawsuit. We should not be having the same issue with the smae make , model, and color Chevy trax. Once it's approved everyone should jump on. They will pay one way or another.
Evidently there is already a GM law suit started for a few makes/models of GM trucks and SUVs. The Trax is not on there yet, but if you call the Maher law firm who is handling this current suit at 407-839-0866, they are collecting info and have said if they get enough reports of this problem with the trax, it can be added. Everyone should reach out to them to report this problem.
Old November 8th, 2022, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jchristian95
Here's the email I got last night from GM (dealership called and confirmed it today):

Hello, Jessica. We recently spoke with the dealerships Service Manager and he informed us that after submission of your paint concerns to our warranty team, we are unable to offer any coverage for repainting. We recognize this is not the outcome you may have anticipated and would like to apologize for any dissatisfaction this causes. Rest assured, all parties involved diligently explored all avenues of cost assistance on your behalf before this resolution was reached. Peter Gomez let us know that he'd connect with you as well to provide more detail into this determination. Should you wish to proceed with service at this time, please know it will involve out-of-pocket expenses but our team would gladly assist in setting up an appointment. We will keep an eye out for your response.

>
> Troy T.
>
> GM Customer Care

New picture from today:

Just shared on Facebook about my experience: <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjes sica.j.christian%2Fposts%2F10226902656969694&show_ text=true&width=500" width="500" height="731" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

New spot started today 11/8/22

Quick Reply: Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax