Trax Chevrolet's subcompact crossover SUV. This small SUV has a pioneer spirit, with modern technologies that make discovery easy and cargo space that molds to your lifestyle.

2017 Chevrolet Trax
Platform: Gamma II

Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2023, 2:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint Peeling 2016 Blue Chevy Trax

What can we do about this. I contacted the dealership that I bought my car from, they said it was a manufacturing defect. Paint was peeling off my hood on a car I have had less than 5 years. I bought it in 2020. They sent me to another dealership to have the hood repainted. Now, paint is peeling below the rear window. I don't want to keep having to get this car painted and I am not paying for it either. Something should be done especially if several blue cars are having this issue on the trax
The following users liked this post:
Lisaann (July 14th, 2023)
Old February 6th, 2023, 10:24 AM
CF Beginner

Default Peeling paint Chevy Trax 2016

Originally Posted by valenciak
I am going to start a class action lawsuit. We should not be having the same issue with the smae make , model, and color Chevy trax. Once it's approved everyone should jump on. They will pay one way or another.
Is there a lawsuit in Illinois.
The following users liked this post:
Lisaann (July 14th, 2023)
Old February 7th, 2023, 1:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Peeling paint 2016 Blue Chevy Trax (third time)

I have been combating this issue since 2020. I have had my hatch stripped and repainted, my hood stripped and repainted and now the side of my car has huge chunks missing. Also, the paint is peeling in the crevices. I was told by GM and the Chevy Dealer that it is "Environmental". I have had enough! Now it is going to cost me Thousands to have the side of my car repainted. They offered me $200.00. What a joke. After sending an email to the Chevy Dealer telling them I do not accept and I will be contacting BBB, Lemon Law Attorney and MD Attorney General, I received a phone call asking me to take it to the auto body shop that the Chevy Dealer uses for an estimate so he can send to GM Regional Representative. FYI - They offered me $200.00 b/c the Chevy Service Manager entered in an approximate amount of $3,000 to their "Policy Calculator Tool" and it spit out that GM would pay $200.00 of the $3,000.00. Again, what a joke. I take the vehicle today to the Auto Body Shop. When I told them I would get an estimate from my Auto Body Shop, they declined and said I need to take to the shop they use. We shall see!

Old June 16th, 2023, 9:51 PM
CF Beginner

I have now contacted GM on Facebook and they are actually responding, please contact them and include pictures of your defective, peeling paint.
Old June 26th, 2023, 6:54 PM
CF Beginner

Default Wow, just wow!

I had no idea it was such a common problem. My 2016 Brilliant Blue Trax is peeling in all of the EXACT same places!!!

Originally Posted by Autumn Sandlin
This fall, the paint started peeling under the rear window in my 2016 Chevy Trax. No scratches or dents or dings where the paint started peeling. It just started cracking and then p

eeled off in 2 big chunks. Anyone had any problems with their paint?
Old July 31st, 2023, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default "A Peeling Trax" JOIN OUR FACEBOOK GROUP!

I created a Facebook group in order to gather Trax owners who are affected with peeling paint. We need to show the Maher law firm in Florida that Trax owners should be added to the class action lawsuit against GM for the peeling Silverados and Tahoes. Litigation is in the works and we need to gather enough names to get the attention of the Maher Firm.

Let's hold GM/Chevrolet accountable!

Join the fight!

FACEBOOK SEARCH: A peeling Trax

Last edited by Gavin Scott; July 31st, 2023 at 1:27 PM.
Old September 4th, 2023, 9:16 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Pealing paint on Blue Trax

Originally Posted by Cody Altman
My wife's car is exactly the same in the back. Amd also driver side above headlight. Will post pics.
My 2016 Blue Chevy Trax has the same issue it started with the hood ,I had it painted .Now the trunk is peeling ,and the front right side of the window is peeling .
Old February 3rd, 2024, 9:01 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2016 Trax LS Same Issue Paint Peel

Having the same issue blue paint bubble on rear hatch, top of hood and now driver side.
Old May 9th, 2024, 8:12 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2015 trax paint

My 2015 is the same way. Is it to late to call that law firm?

Last edited by mountainmanjoe; May 9th, 2024 at 10:53 AM.
Old July 31st, 2024, 9:12 AM
CF Beginner

Is anything being done about this issue? it makes me sick to think of all these suv's paint peeling but they don't see a problem

Quick Reply: Paint peeling on 2016 Chevy Trax