Chevrolet  Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/)
-   Uplander (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/uplander-31/)
-   -   '05 Uplander DVD Running Continously (https://chevroletforum.com/forum/uplander-31/05-uplander-dvd-running-continously-40784/)

68chevdanman1 March 4th, 2011 3:28 PM

'05 Uplander DVD Running Continously

Hi, everyone. New to the forum. I've got a pretty serious issue with my '05
Uplander. The DVD player comes on whenever it wants to. The power button is obviously not working. It sounds like it's fast-forwarding or trying to eject a disc! This will continue EVEN after the vehicle is shut down and the door is opened and closed. Today I needed a jump! I just purchased this vehicle for a work van, and don't even need this DVD player. I located the engine compartment fuse box, could not find any fuse there. I would think there should be a fuse or relay for this somewhere! Right? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

68chevdanman1 March 4th, 2011 4:33 PM

P.S. I also found the interior fuse box on the passenger side. I haven't found anything labeled DVD or reference to it. Is it possibly labeled something other than DVD?

68chevdanman1 March 19th, 2011 12:40 PM

05-uplander-dvd-running-continously

Well, I had to go to it the old-fashioned way and disconnect the connector. Now I have no sound from the rear speakers. I need a pinout for that connector so I can put a couple of jumpers in. Why
does Chevrolet HAVE to make everything so difficult? This is why
I love my '68!!

SoJ57 April 11th, 2017 12:16 PM

Could someone please help me to get my dvd player to stop spinning??? I do not know what a connector is or how to disconnect it.

Chev Uplander 2006

rpwarrior May 13th, 2017 7:19 PM

I had to take the DVD apart and clean the DVD rollers. Its not hard to do at all.The DVD rollers spin the DVD in line. They get filled with dust and junk.

Amanda Jones Luhn September 28th, 2017 8:52 AM

How did you take it apart?

Sule gaming videos February 25th, 2021 11:03 AM

Fuse in instrument panel

Fuse inside instrument panel on passenger side inside car near door. Pull fuse number 4. However your RADIO also will not work. New dvd player would cost close to $300. Hope this answers your question.i had exact same issue and just replaced it because i need my radio also!

Originally Posted by 68chevdanman1 (Post 174761)
P.S. I also found the interior fuse box on the passenger side. I haven't found anything labeled DVD or reference to it. Is it possibly labeled something other than DVD?

Sule gaming videos February 25th, 2021 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by 68chevdanman1 (Post 176413)
Well, I had to go to it the old-fashioned way and disconnect the connector. Now I have no sound from the rear speakers. I need a pinout for that connector so I can put a couple of jumpers in. Why
does Chevrolet HAVE to make everything so difficult? This is why
I love my '68!!

installed as 1 fuse. It runs radio amplifier and dvd in 1 fuse. ONLY option is replace or do without music. Replace cost me near $300.