Uplander 2005-2009
This sport-van offers a sporty feel and roomy interior, all in the body of a minivan.
Platform: U-Body

Remote starter Programming

Search this Thread

Old October 13th, 2009, 8:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote starter Programming

I have a dealer installed GM factory remote starter. Last year I misplaced one of the remotes. I purchased a replacement on eBay (same part # as my old one.) I need to reprogram my other remote with the new one so they all work together. Does anyone have the procedure for this? I looked online and got mixed results. Some say it's a dealer only service, while others say it's similar to the procedure for reprogramming a basic remote which locks/unlocks, etc found in the owners manual. My remote just locks/unlocks the door and there is the alarm button on it. I do not have the power sliding door(s) option.
Thank you.
Old October 13th, 2009, 5:58 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

what year is your vehicle?
Old October 14th, 2009, 1:24 PM
CF Junior Member

Sorry, thought I included that info. The vehicle is a 2006. The remote has the door lock and unlock buttons, a panic button, and the button to operate the remote starter. I can post the number on the back later today when I have access to the remote if that helps. Thanks.
Old October 14th, 2009, 7:03 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

<HR>
Remote Control Door Lock Transmitter Programming
Important: All transmitters which are to be recognized by the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR) must be programmed in a single programming sequence. If the system is placed in program mode it will erase all previously programmed transmitters upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter. Up to 4 transmitters can be programmed. Do not operate or program the transmitters in the vicinity of other vehicles that are in the keyless entry program mode. This prevents the programming of the transmitters to the incorrect vehicle.
  1. [*]
Old November 5th, 2009, 9:19 AM
CF Junior Member

shawnvw- Thanks for posting that. Sorry for the delay in me replying back. I was wondering what scan tool is needed to do the procedure listed in #2 of your post above?Is it a basic scan tool or one that has enhanced features ?
I ended up having the dealer that I purchased the vehicle from reprogram the remotes.( I had taken advantage of their "free for as long as you own the vehicle" yearly state inspection, and had it done at that time. They charged me $25. I called another Chevy dealer near me and inquired as to their charge for the same service and it was $37.50, so it pays to shop around. The place where I had it done is one of the dealers GM pulled the rug out from under earlier in the year, during all of those closings. At that time they also were a big used car dealer and just grew that business into the whole building.)
Old March 29th, 2010, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

i have the same question, there are a lot of scan tools available out there, do we need a specific scan tool for this? will the actron scan tool do fine? and what if in the middle of the procedure, something goes wrong, will it be easy to do it all over again?

Last edited by archebald23; April 5th, 2010 at 9:17 PM.
Old March 30th, 2010, 6:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Professional GM Tech 2 diagnostic and programming tool is needed.