Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

4L60E Corvette Servo

Search this Thread

Old February 25th, 2017, 12:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4L60E Corvette Servo

I've got an '07 Silverado Classic with the 5.3L and the 4L60E trans... Have already done a few mods on the engine and am probably putting out around 300hp, so nothing super agressive.

I'm wanting to upgrade my transmission to get the best life out of it while also making it a bit more fun to drive (quicker, firmer shifts, minimal slippage, etc.) and have seen a lot of talk about a corvette servo mod that can be done fairly simply. Anybody tried this? Are there any other mods out there that are a better option? Whatever I do, I DON'T want to harm my transmission in any way. This truck has about 135k on it, is my daily driver, and I has absolutely zero major mechanical issues with it, so I don't wanna ruin something by having a really aggressive shifting trans kit in it! (although from what I've heard the corvette servo isn't anything really extreme)

IF the corvette servo kit proves to be the best transmission upgrade while still maintaining driveablilty, where's the best place to buy one? Seems like a lot of vendors make a corvette servo kit and I don't want to order the wrong one. I've heard that Oregon Performance Transmission seems to be a fairly big name for selling these servo kits, but I don't know personally.

Any thoughts or comments greatly appreciated.