Notices
1999 - 2006 (GMT800) Section for all discussion related to the 1999-2006 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

heater hoses

Search this Thread

Old September 28th, 2016, 6:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater hoses

Is there a directional flow for the water through the heater core, or can either hose go on either nipple? When temp is put to heat, it only blows warm air, never gets really hot air. Thermostat appears to be working as the temp gauge sits right where it should be. Winter is on the way, and this year I'd really like to have some hot air.
Old September 28th, 2016, 8:45 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

You probably have a bad blend door actuator that is only partially opening not allowing the full heat to pass through. This is less likely but you could also have a partially clogged heater core. With the engine at full temp see if both heater hoses are at the same temp. If they are then it is the blend door actuator. If one is hotter than the other then it is the heater core.
Old September 28th, 2016, 1:45 PM
CF Beginner

Both hoses are the same. I've flushed the core a couple of times and water runs freely from both sides. Where is the blend door actuator located? Also, when you push the button for fresh or recirculated air, there is no change. Is that the same problem?
Old September 29th, 2016, 11:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

The blend door actuator is behind the dash. My 99 had 3 different actuators. I believe the other problem could be a different actuator. Check out Youtube, they have videos on how to change them.
Old October 1st, 2016, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

The issue with your fresh air and recirculation air is a different ventilation door problem. That damper/door is located above the heater box, under the passenger side dash above the glove box. Probably the door actuator needs replaced. Again look on youtube for vids. See attached drawing.
Attached Files
File Type: docx
Recirculation Door Motor.docx (52.5 KB, 94 views)
Old October 5th, 2016, 7:02 AM
CF Beginner

Attached file won't open correctly, but will check on youtube. Thanks for the help.
Old October 12th, 2016, 6:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by dlgeary
Attached file won't open correctly, but will check on youtube. Thanks for the help.
Try this...
Name:  Heater box.gif
Views: 331
Size:  28.7 KB