Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

2014 Silverado a Solo Lemmon?

Search this Thread

Old November 13th, 2016, 9:31 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Silverado a Solo Lemmon?

I purchased a 2014 Silverado last year certified used from the GM dealership. Since purchase, I have had nothing but issues. The dealership has had to replace the radiator, water pump, thermostat, entire rack and pinion assembly (which took 3 weeks to get), key issues, rear view camera issues, leaks, bad seatbelts, and now yesterday I went a block from my house and smoke started filling the cab and the truck died. I got my kids all out and did some looking around and it appears the A/C compressor locked up and spun hot metal everywhere. I had to cut the belt off to start the truck and move it out of traffic. This truck died in traffic it locked up so hard. The dealership here in Reno can't even keep up with the repairs. I have a rolling open service order. They fix the problems from two times ago, wait on parts from last time, and order parts for next time....ridiculous! My question is are all of these 2014's having similiar issues, or did I just by the biggest piece of junk out there? I am a chukar hunter and I am frequently very far away from any cell service, and hours away from any pavement, and at this point, I am worried to take this thing a mile down the road for coffee..... Should I get rid of this before my warranty is up?

2014 Silverado 1500 LT Crew 4x4
59,000 miles

Last edited by Sierramtnbrits; November 13th, 2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: More...
Old November 13th, 2016, 10:49 AM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Maybe one of those "Monday cars". Nothing worse than expecting and waiting for your next disaster. Sounds like a good one for your dealer and Chevrolet to help make right for you and do some kind of great trade in offer. It does sound like you have a good dealer in terms of keeping up with your warranty repairs.
Old November 14th, 2016, 11:40 PM
CF Beginner

Default A flood truck??

I think it is possible you have been stuck with a truck that an insurance company totaled due to a flood the sold it to be scrapped and got back on the market
Old November 15th, 2016, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Obviously this is not typical for any GM pickup, any GM vehicle, or even any vehicle of any make. You need to think about what this vehicle has been thru before you bought it.
Old November 26th, 2016, 9:43 PM
CF Beginner

Still in the shop, 15 freaking days later.....I have missed out on two weekends of hunting trips, traveling on Thanksgiving, and haven't missed any payments on this junk I can't drive. Dealer got sent the wrong part twice...Chevy should give me a loner truck plus make my payment this month. This isn't the first time, thats why I have to keep bringing it back, they can't seem to read when parts orders are placed.....why the heck did I buy a new truck? My 01 F250 Powerstroke went 252,000 miles and never went into the shop as much as this truck at 2 years old....so frustrated!
Old November 26th, 2016, 9:48 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by CharlieFixit
I think it is possible you have been stuck with a truck that an insurance company totaled due to a flood the sold it to be scrapped and got back on the market
This truck was ordered, purchased orginally, and resold at the same dealership in the middle of the high desert of Nevada. I highly doubt it had been in any floods given we only get like 10" of rain a year and been in a 7 year drought, but I guess its possible....any explanation at this point is better than its just a GM...
Old November 29th, 2016, 7:35 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierramtnbrits
Still in the shop, 15 freaking days later.....I have missed out on two weekends of hunting trips, traveling on Thanksgiving, and haven't missed any payments on this junk I can't drive. Dealer got sent the wrong part twice...Chevy should give me a loner truck plus make my payment this month. This isn't the first time, thats why I have to keep bringing it back, they can't seem to read when parts orders are placed.....why the heck did I buy a new truck? My 01 F250 Powerstroke went 252,000 miles and never went into the shop as much as this truck at 2 years old....so frustrated!
Hello Sierramtnbrits,

We regret to hear of this situation with your Silverado. We can certainly understand how inconvenient it is to be without your vehicle, especially during the holidays. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this for you. In order for us to do so, please send us a private message including your VIN, full contact information, and the name of your involved dealership.

We look forward to your message,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old March 10th, 2017, 9:37 PM
CF Beginner

For what it's worth, my 2014 Silverado has performed rather well. Other than a couple recalls, just a wheel bearing replaced. But runs rather well, really, with no oil burn or anything.