Notices
2014 - 2018 (GMT-K2) Section for all discussion related to the 2014 - 2018 Chevrolet and GMC trucks.

Loss of electrical after body work on 2017 silverado

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2017, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loss of electrical after body work on 2017 silverado

I recently took my truck in to get the front quarter panel replaced on one side after I backed into a small tree in my driveway (yeah yeah...) While in the shop they added an aftermarket bumper and put a rough country level kit in.

Today I got the truck back and I have no electrical right of the steering column (same side that was fixed). My left windows roll down and she drives fine but I have no headlights, tail lights, blinkers, or navigation screen. It is also coding stabilitrak and airbag. I disconnected the negative terminal and let it sit for 10m but no dice.

I am taking it to the dealership wednesday. Is this likely something simple like a fuse? I threw a fit with my insurance company and hopefully they straighten it out but I am worried it may be something more serious.

Thanks,

Archer
Old March 4th, 2017, 2:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update:

After talking to a couple of mechanics, they said it is likely a ground strap that never got connected properly or maybe a ground relay. I looked under the hood and found a blue-ish connecter that wasn't hooked up to anything but couldn't find anything that looked the female end.

At this point I am trying to figure out where that ground might be. I'd appreciate any help y'all can provide.

Thanks,

Archer