Astro 1985-2005
Chevy's first entry into the minivan class, offered in All Wheel Drive to add to its versatility.
Platform: M-Body

Help with stalling problem when warmer weather is present

Search this Thread

Old April 20th, 2014, 1:38 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Help with stalling problem when warmer weather is present

Hello, I bought a 2002 astro van last Aug. 2 wheel drive aoto trans and 4.3 engine and when it the weather got hot here in Aug. the van (not all the time) would stall. If I parked it and let it sit for a couple of hours it would be fine for days at a time. When Winter came it run fine all Winter up until this Spring and the temp got up to 75 and for the first time it stalled. If I use my left foot and give it throttle I can come to a stop sign and make it through ok. Then let it sit and it is ok after staring for days at a time until today it did it again. This one is tough to figure out. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? The man at the garage said run it until it stops and then he can figure out what is wrong, but I don't want to get stranded and this is why I am asking here how to fix it.
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:02 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rapcjb
Hello, I bought a 2002 astro van last Aug. 2 wheel drive aoto trans and 4.3 engine and when it the weather got hot here in Aug. the van (not all the time) would stall. If I parked it and let it sit for a couple of hours it would be fine for days at a time. When Winter came it run fine all Winter up until this Spring and the temp got up to 75 and for the first time it stalled. If I use my left foot and give it throttle I can come to a stop sign and make it through ok. Then let it sit and it is ok after staring for days at a time until today it did it again. This one is tough to figure out. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? The man at the garage said run it until it stops and then he can figure out what is wrong, but I don't want to get stranded and this is why I am asking here how to fix it.
a TCC solenoid?
Old May 7th, 2014, 9:55 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello and thanks for the reply. Can you be a bit more specific about a TCC solenoid? I don't know what it is or where it would be. I sure hope you can help me.
Bob
Old May 27th, 2014, 9:55 AM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rapcjb
Hello and thanks for the reply. Can you be a bit more specific about a TCC solenoid? I don't know what it is or where it would be. I sure hope you can help me.
Bob
Google.

You've got a 4l60e trans? Will it stall only in gear? What if you put it in neutral before it stalls, will it stay running?

I found this that digs deeper and does a 3-2 solenoid, but touches the TCC.

http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1h62...-solenoid.html