Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

02 Avalanche - Homelink - Sommer door opener

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2014, 6:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Avalanche - Homelink - Sommer door opener

I'm at the end of my rope...programming Homelink was pretty easy in the past. But I cannot seem to make it work with our new SOMMER Synoris 550 garage door opener (purchased 2014). I got Homelink to work on the first try with our 2010 Subaru Outback, though zero luck with the OEM Homelink for the 2002 Avalanche (probably one of the first 1000 or so off the production line). I tried two different methods to get Homelink to work.

1. I tried pressing the three buttons at the same time until the Homelink light goes off. Pressing the learn button on the opener and then holding the Homelink button (repeated again and again). No luck.
2. I tried pressing the two outer buttons. Then pressing the single Homelink button while pressing the OEM remote. No luck.

The first method seemed to almost work since the opener "radio" button seemed to respond when I pressed the Homelink button. But, the opener never functioned. The second method did not seem to work at all since nothing responded at all.

Anybody have any ideas?