Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2007 HELP PLEASE !! Avalanch Stabilitrak Traction Control on/off

Search this Thread

Old January 27th, 2016, 7:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same troubles with my 2010 avalanche with the stabilitrak/abs light coming on.. I do my own repairs as I am a auto tech with over 40 years exp. I have been looking into this problem and I realized that most of the times this this comes on after I have been using the cruise control and then hit my brakes. I have read somewhere that this can relate to the brake light switch. I am going to order a OEM one as I found out that that is really the only things electronically that really works with late model car/trucks.. I will advise after I get it and use it for a while.
The following users liked this post:
Odom290 (February 10th, 2024)
Old February 25th, 2016, 10:39 PM
CF Beginner

Default Traction control issues

I read someone else's fix was to replace the steering wheel position sensor and it worked for him. Hope that helps.
Palandri86 (July 5th, 2023)
Old February 25th, 2017, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

I had this issue myself, and I think I found the solution. I realize it has been a while since this thread was last updated, but perhaps someone will stumble upon it via Google, etc.
The issue I was having was that the hose that comes from the intake and eventually connects to the rear of the driver's side valve cover. The last piece of this assembly is a small 3/8" hose about 2" long. Mine was split. I assume it is part of the internal PCV system that is integral to the valve cover on the 5.3L, and was letting unmetered air in somewhere. My truck was throwing lean codes, and random "service stabilitrack," "traction controll off" messages. I taped up the hose as a temporary fix and it immediately solved the problem.

D
Palandri86 (July 5th, 2023)
Old April 21st, 2017, 9:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 chevy suburban

I have the same problem and a dealer said replacing your fuel injectors would fix the problem he said that he had one and the dealer changed a ton of money and he replaced the fuel injectors and fixed the problem and any time he gets a 2007 anything chevy he sends them right out to get injectors replaced. 07 was the first year that Chevrolet came out with those fuel injectors that when you were on the highway half of them shut down and they were malfunctioning and chevy should have made a recalled and they didn't
Old February 18th, 2019, 5:55 PM
CF Beginner

Default Found a fix

i was having this exact issue and like many others was searching for some type of answer. In my search I found someone who recommended to clean the hub assembly. Basically take off the pads and rotor, and clean the round magnetic ring. It gets dirty and can impair the signal to the system. They recommend using a nylon brush, then mild soap. I however was unable to remove the caliper housing(not sure what it’s actually called). The main caliper part came off with no issue, removed the pads, but couldn’t go further. I was really hoping I wouldn’t have to take it into a shop, but figured I would still see what I could do. I used a can of brake cleaner and sprayed away. I could take a flashlight and see that everything behind the rotor looked coated in debris, dirt, dust and just about everything else, which is to be expected. I used plastic straw that came with the cleaner and coated as much as I could see. The cleaning fluid poured out the bottom, now black with dirt, I just kept spraying and turning the rotor, spraying and turning, spraying and turning till things looked pretty clean. Put everything back together and it worked he lights and dinging stopped. Not sure if this will work for everyone, but I wanted to share. For the cost of two cans of brake cleaner, my problem was solved
Old February 20th, 2019, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Angry 2007 Avalanche Stabilitrak warning message

This is actually the "Goto" error message that pops up anytime there is a fuel flow error, electronic ignition error, air flow error or any other combination of errors that occur.
I've had the throttlebody, spark plugs, piston ring soak, fuel pump and other misc. items replaced , all recommendations of the service dept of the dealership.

Yes, the throttlebody sensor can go bad but they make more money when they charge you over list for the entire throttlebody.
The spark plugs were replaced because they misinterpreted the error code, then when I went back they determined that the fuel pump pressure regulator was defective... inside the fuel pump which is inside the fuel tank.
The piston ring soak was a last ditch effort to fix a misfire problem because they couldn't think of anything else.

Everyone of these issues were accompanied by the Stabilitrak Traction Control Off warning message on the dash display.

Oh yeah, the load leveling compressor has a bad exhaust valve which throws a service suspension system error. They wanted $600 parts & labor to take care of that.
I had already replaced it once for $160 for the pump and 20 minutes of my time replacing it. I can replace it four times for the amount the were asking.

My last trip in which included the piston ring soak... "carbon buildup" (Good thing I use Shell gasoline that keeps those nasty buildups from happening). I was very clear about ignoring the stabilitrak message and focus on the problem.

This all cost money and they didn't take any parts back.

Last edited by kfortner51; February 20th, 2019 at 9:42 PM.
Old September 17th, 2019, 12:35 AM
CF Beginner

Have you changed out the starter cable? They go bad and trip the stabilitrak codes.
Old January 16th, 2020, 4:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by FixItYourselfer
I was able to solve the problem(s) myself - thanks to the many good people who have posted similar problems in these forums. I have a '07 Avalanche with 88k miles and a scanning tool (Actron CP9580) that I use to fix all my vehicles when problems occur. For the last year I have been getting the infamous "service stabilitrack/traction control" message off and on. It was shifting hard from 1st to 2nd gear. It would make a clunking noise when sitting at a stop sign. However, once I was driving it on the highway everything seemed to operate normal with the exception of the "stabilitrak/traction control warning" flashing every now and then. Also, my cruise control and car starter has not been working either. The codes that came up on my scanner were P0175, P0300, and B0561. I googled these codes and found a reliable source for what they could mean. One of the first things I did was clean the throttle body. Initially, it seemed to work but ended up not solving the issue. So, I purchased a new one ($140) and installed it myself. Well, this didn't do it - back to the drawing board. I did some more digging on the codes and found that it could potentially be several issues relating the MAF, MAP and Ignition. Because my truck ran fine on the highway, I figured it wasn't a fuel pump issue. Anyway, because of the mileage, I ended up replacing all the spark plugs (not sure if that was necessary since they all looked like they were functioning properly - based on the color at the tips) and purchased a can of MAF cleaner (specific for this sensor) and cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors, reinstalled them and my truck has been running perfectly now for about two days (hopefully this solved the problem). Only time will tell. So, for about $20 you can buy a can of MAF cleaner and Throttle Body Cleaner and if
you are lucky, that is all that needs to be done. As far as the B0561 code, which relates to the wheel sensors, I'm thinking the out-of-ballance due to improper wear (misalignment) is causing that. I hope this helps anyone having the same problem.

Hello, do you see that this worked? Or did the issue come back? Please let me know as I’m about to follow these steps.

thanks
Old April 22nd, 2020, 6:21 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Biloxi58
I have been having issues with my 2007 Avalance Stabilitrak Traction Control turning off intermitingly. I have had my truck to the dealer 3 times on this issue and i am still with the same problem. This started over a year ago and when bringing it in for service there were no codes found for this problem. Today after picking up my truck once again and paying the dealer to replace the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver being one of the codes showing this did not solve the problem and the part removed was still good. It seems to me that the service dept at the Chevy Dealer has no clue on how to solve this problem. Everytime i start my truck even sitting at idle the bell starts chiming and the triangle signand the warning reads service stabilitrak then service traction control (off)
activates within a few miniuts. This keeps going on and off as i am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough this forum i can see that this had been a major problem in the past with 2003 and up and there are many people talking aboutthis issue with their trucksbut i have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. Dose anyone else have this problem or have heard of this being a problem with an answer.
I have been experiencing this exact same issue the past 6 mos and have taken my 2007 Avalanche to Goodyear who told me that it was my ABS yet it has nothing to do with it and as you’ve experienced my light comes on intermittently when driving and kicked slightly hard in first and second gear. I have not found a solution yet but my next move is to check the sensor for the Stabilink to see if it has an affect on it. The performance of my truck is good however I too am concerned about the light and it kicking as it does in the first to gears. Let’s hope for some help in this matter. Thank you
Old April 22nd, 2020, 6:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Same issue

Originally Posted by Biloxi58
I have been having issues with my 2007 Avalance Stabilitrak Traction Control turning off intermitingly. I have had my truck to the dealer 3 times on this issue and i am still with the same problem. This started over a year ago and when bringing it in for service there were no codes found for this problem. Today after picking up my truck once again and paying the dealer to replace the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver being one of the codes showing this did not solve the problem and the part removed was still good. It seems to me that the service dept at the Chevy Dealer has no clue on how to solve this problem. Everytime i start my truck even sitting at idle the bell starts chiming and the triangle signand the warning reads service stabilitrak then service traction control (off)
activates within a few miniuts. This keeps going on and off as i am driving and when its in the off position the trans shifts gears very hard. Looking trough this forum i can see that this had been a major problem in the past with 2003 and up and there are many people talking aboutthis issue with their trucksbut i have not come across anyone who can give the answer on how to resolve this problem. Dose anyone else have this problem or have heard of this being a problem with an answer.
I have been experiencing this exact same issue the past 6 mos and have taken my 2007 Avalanche to Goodyear who told me that it was my ABS yet it has nothing to do with it and as you’ve experienced my light comes on intermittently when driving and kicked slightly hard in first and second gear. I have not found a solution yet but my next move is to check the sensor for the Stabilink to see if it has an affect on it. The performance of my truck is good however I too am concerned about the light and it kicking as it does in the first to gears. Let’s hope for some help in this matter. Thank you

Quick Reply: 2007 HELP PLEASE !! Avalanch Stabilitrak Traction Control on/off